HAHAH people still think there magic in this weight loss gam

Options
so im leaving the grocery store and i see a cuz i haven't seen in over eight years so anyway she telling me how great i look and blah blah. so then come the classic question. "what you do!" i just stared at her i always stare at people before i answer a question out of habit so for a kick i told her i wish everyday. she was like no for real diet pills? she sooo desperately wanted me to tell her something DR. OZ like. so i told her hard work long hrs at the gym and plenty of skipped desserts. lol you should of saw her face and im not surprise most people dont want to put the effort init to lose weight and keep it off. so after a whole: im not doing anymore i tired speech" i said well dont. maybe if you wish hard enough you wake up slim. but i will never understand people you tell them and it not what they want to hear. they want a potion. it just not going to happen.

Replies

• jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!
    I get the same thing when the answer is just simply: Eat right and exercise! Keep it simple stupid!
    Btw-you look awesome! I'm sure you worked hard and it shows.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You are exactly right. Just like joining a gym after New Years doesn't make you lose weight. You actually have to go! Making payments doesn't burn calories! :)
  • tinkerthegrouch
    Options
    I like this :)
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    lol that's too funny. I wish I was skinny I wish i was skinny.....nothing's happening.
  • southern04
    Options
    Yes, I have the same reactions from people. lol!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    hahah totally love your wish really hard every day!! I love that you were honest with her too, way to go girl..that took guts! You are right plp dont wanna hear the I work out 5-6 times a week and count my calories routine, but it is funny because it works and they dont listen!

Keep up your hard work...you look fantastic :glasses:
  • mfergie889
    Options
    I agree!

It must feel great to have people notice your weight loss and see such a significant difference that they think its magic!
  • planzaro
    planzaro Posts: 3
    Options
    I hear you! I have a friend who orders diet pills from south america - she will do anything to lose weight without having to diet and exercise.
  • luckiarmywife
    Options
    Exactly! You go girl, you look great!
  • JeffK627
    JeffK627 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried Stacker 2 years ago. Lost 15 lbs but also couldn't sleep and felt wired all day, plus after I stopped taking it I gained back 30. No more of that crap for me!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    People always get disappointed when I say "I watch what I eat and go to the gym 4-5 days a week"
  • WendyTricia
    Options
    That is hilarious!! I have friends who are the same way. They INSIST that it is impossible to lose weight with just exercise and diet alone. I had one friend who refused to believe what she saw on the Biggest Loser, saying "that's impossible. They're too big to lose all that weight and have a firm, tight body. They HAVE to be taking some sort of diet pill!" I couldn't believe it.

I'm already prepared for when my results begin to show. I'm working out HARD 6 days a week, I've changed my entire pantry and fridge, plan my meals, eat smart and often - I have basically changed my ENTIRE life!! And I'm going to keep it up till I meet my goals and then some.

People who think there's magic to this, WANT it to be magic. They don't want to work. I rather work hard and get results than just get it without any effort. You enjoy your results even more when you know that you worked for it.

You're doing a fantastic job and you've worked your butt off to get to where you are. Keep going!! You're amazing.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    You are exactly right. Just like joining a gym after New Years doesn't make you lose weight. You actually have to go! Making payments doesn't burn calories! :)

lol i know this one toooooo well and your right then is no alignment in the stars lol
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!
    I get the same thing when the answer is just simply: Eat right and exercise! Keep it simple stupid!
    Btw-you look awesome! I'm sure you worked hard and it shows.

Hey are you a Dave Ramsey fan? I think he says that alot. "Keep it simple stupid!" I love him. He keeps me financially fit and mfp is getting me physically fit. :happy:

And to the OP, Yes she is right, you do look awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I know what you mean, i was shopping this weekend for shoes and this over weight female was with her friend and looking at the sketchers shape ups and she tells her friend she is buying these because a co workerr of hers bought a pair and she lost 20lbs in a month only by useing these shoes. I thought to myself wow drop 20lbs by buying shoes and nothing else boy have a herd this before. personally I never would of noticed this when I was very over weight but I notice more now. People are always looking for the magic pill, news flash their is not one, hard work and eat right that's it.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I know what you mean, i was shopping this weekend for shoes and this over weight female was with her friend and looking at the sketchers shape ups and she tells her friend she is buying these because a co workerr of hers bought a pair and she lost 20lbs in a month only by useing these shoes. I thought to myself wow drop 20lbs by buying shoes and nothing else boy have a herd this before. personally I never would of noticed this when I was very over weight but I notice more now. People are always looking for the magic pill, news flash their is not one, hard work and eat right that's it.

tmak i hate those things lol
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    I'm so with you! I've lost like 60 lbs ( I started NGO after a while) and people who know I go to the gym for 1-2 hrs everyday and walk everywhere are like " I never saw this coming!" snd "how did you do this." they think I am on some sort if medication or something. Then when I tell them I just started eating right their jaws drop and they're completely silent... I did however inspire my choir director to drop 6 pounds.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    LOL, I had someone come up to me at the gym the other day and asked me how I did it... never met her.. been active at the gym since about feb 1.... have lost 25 lbs... told her I just use mfp tomake me accountable for my actions... i noticed tho she joined immediately right there in the gym
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options

tmak i hate those things lol

Me too,what a waste of money
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love it when I bust their bubble and tell them I eat 6 small meals a day and exercise and they look at me like I have a third eye and say "That's it?!" Haha..in theory its easy, but if it were easy everyone would do it!