Oat Bran, Flaxseed and Wheat Germ ?

Options
Hi Fabulous MFPer's :)

I have been looking at the labels of Flaxseed, Oat Bran amd Wheat Germ and I did not learn to much. I am curious to see what the benefits are to adding these to a daily diet. I know they help add protein and fiber and vitamins to your day but other than that I do not know anything. I have seen that a few spinkle them into thier foods but I do not know why?

Thanks a bunch!
Robin

Replies

• smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, The thing I noticed with flaxseed is for is me, that it made my hair very soft and healthy, people even used to comment on it. goodluck with your journey:flowerforyou:
  • SDLester
    SDLester Posts: 24
    Options
    I have only recently starting adding one scoop of the Organic Flax seed to my daily bowl of Fiber one cereal. I have read and heard from more than a few that it is suppose to good for for the Omega 3 that it adds to your daily diet. (One scoop it suppose to add 2800 mg) Not sure of any results but I have also been doing 2 flax seed capsules for a while.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that the omega 3's are really good for your heart and metabolism. I hope I'm right.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    [quote Are all these sourses of Omega 3?
    It's my understanding that the omega 3's are really good for your heart and metabolism. I hope I'm right.
    [/quote]
  • 39esw53
    39esw53 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed is easy to add to your diet...grind it up and put it on oatmeal or into a soup or onto a salad.....here is a pretty good description...
    http://www.eatrightamerica.com/food-and-recipes/Fatty-Acids-and-Fish-Oil
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of wheat germ...so I put one tablespoon on my oatmeal in the am.

Laura