HCG DIET

Options
HI!! Is anybody on the HCG DIET? or has done it? I did round 1 and I lost 21 pounds in 43 days, now I'm on phase 3 of the diet, and that is why I opened an account here, to keep track of the calories I eat everyday and the carbs. I have to eat a minimum of 1500 calories and 0 carbs, which is difficult, but 16 days out of the diet and I didn't gain weight at all. I'm so happy! I'm doing a round 2 in 4 days to lose the last couple pounds....If somebody is doing it, let me know! I need a new buddy to help me stick to the diet!
Thanks Romi

Replies

• SadieAnnL
    SadieAnnL Posts: 17
    Options
    What does HCG stand for? Never heard of the diet, sounds like its done wonders though ! Well done
  • megynilyn
    Options
    One of my friends on here and in real life is doing the HCG thing. Her name on my page is either Amanda or wrldsbstmmy, you should talk to her and keep her motivated. She just started last week. Good luck and keep up the good work :-)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a minimum of 1500 calories and 0 carbs, which is difficult, but 16 days out of the diet and I didn't gain weight at all.

Is there more than one method to it? I heard you're only supposed to eat 500 calories a day. Is it possible to eat 0 carbs?? What kind of foods are you eating??
  • pituchi
    pituchi Posts: 8
    Options
    It's a very contradictory diet. It is called HCG from Dr Simeons. I did it because a friend of mine lost 30 pounds in 40 days, and I decide it to try it. It consist in 4 phases, phase 1: loading days: where you eat all fatty food and you start taking the HCG drops or injections. Phase 2: You start with the very low calorie diet (500 cal at day). Phase 3: Maintenance: you can eat all you want, as much as you want except sugar and starch. Phase 4: you start incorporating carbs slowly.
    The drops help you out so you don't get hungry. I did it, I've never lose my energy and I wasn't hungry at all. You lose up to 1 pound at day =)
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I've tried just about every diet known to man (and a few I've made up!)

Anyway, I figured I would try HCG - just in case.

I have been on for about 22 days and have lost 14 pounds on it - and it has been a LOT easier to stick to the plan than I ever thought it would or could be.

Does it work? I can't say for sure, but I have been sticking to it and plan to keep on it until I hit my goal or the protocol ends (since you have to take a break at some point.)

Good luck to anyone who tries it.

As for me - I love it.
  • pituchi
    Options
    believetoachieve: Phase 2 is with the 500 calories at day, Right now I'm in phase 3 the Maintenance, you can eat no more than 20 gr of carbs from veggies at day, I eat at lot of meat, eggs, cheese, and sugar free jell-o =)
  • pituchi
    Options
    onefat***** keep it up! It was the first time I could stick to a diet, after a while it becomes really easy. I did the long round for 43 days, I've lost 21 pounds, no as much as other people, but I have to admit that I cheated a couple of times, anyway 21 is very than nothing, I'm starting round 2 soon to lose other 10 pounds. I was amazed to see that after I was done I could eat 4 times more what I ate during P2 and not gain anything....
  • chace1
    chace1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have just finished my third day on phase 2 and so far very good. I have been hungry very little. I am hoping things continue. I can say that I have a lot to lose and plan on sticking with it for the long run. It is great to find other people who love this diet. So far so good. I do have a question, has anyone found anything on v8 on this plan. I love my v8 and that is the hardest thing to go without so far.
  • pituchi
    Options
    The first days are harder, more after the loading days, but keep it up!!! To me was very hard to give up soda, and start drinking water which I didn't like that much, but now It's been 2 more with not pop! And I won't drink it again, I know if I do, I won't quit anymore!