Just a dude lookin' to stop whining about his weight

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Nick.

I've been trying to lose weight for who knows how long now, and complaining to my friends that I'm the "fat guy" of the group. Well no more! Today is the day I start trying to take care of myself, start eating more vegetables, and learn to cook for my own damned self!

I hope to meet a couple people on here in the Seattle area, and maybe hook it up with some activities to do. So let's get to it!

Good luck to everyone, and I hope to make a couple new friends in the process!

Replies

• AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing and if you stick to it you will do great....add me if you would like :smile:
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Nick :smile: Good luck with your journey. This website has given me more inspiration and encouragement than I could have ever hoped for, I hope it's the same for you too. Good luck again, and remember, you can do this.

Amy.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You will find some amazing people here. :flowerforyou:
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nick!

Don't call yourself the "fat guy" anymore because your not! You are on a journey to discover fit self just like me! Congrats on taking the first step of a brand new lifestyle!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    feel free to add me. everyone needs some support
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nick. One thing I've learned is that no one can make you change - you have to do it yourself, for yourself. You're on the right track - keep it up! Good luck in your journey! :happy:
  • swansj15
    swansj15 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello there!! Good luck to you!!! Take it one day at a time!! You can do this...look through the success stories, it helps me when I just dont know if I can do this anymore...its so much easier to be the "fat gir" that laughs at her own jokes about being fat...

I can promise though, I dont want to go back to where I was, and that this is totally worth it!! :-) Add lots of friends and look for motivation...its all over this site!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Add me too! You have made your first life changing decision and you will succeed! Welcome aboard!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking charge of your life :smile: and welcome to MFP. This site is wonderful and full of supportive ppl.. feel free to add me if you need some buddies going through the same things :happy: Good luck on your journey.. You can do this!!!
  • SDLester
    SDLester Posts: 24
    Options
    Congrats on your new outlook!! You will like this site....there are plenty of great people not to mention this program allows you to more easily see what your adding to your fuel tank on a regular basis. I have meant my weight goals but to insure I do not gain back I still regularly log in and update my stuff. Please anyone reading this you may feel free to send me a friend request. I do allow all of my friends to view my daily food diary in case that may want to see what I am eating ;) Good Luck!!
  • rmadams1
    rmadams1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I am not from Seattle but we can all motivate each other! I love to cook (not always healthy because I'm from the South, but I'm trying!) so I could help out some with the cooking part. Feel free to add me and have a great day!!
  • TargArcade
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't really expect such a large response so quickly, so this is an awesome surprise! Thank you for all of your kind words.

I'm more motivated than ever! :D
  • IrishEyes68
    IrishEyes68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Nick!

You have done the most important thing and taken the first step!! Welcome :0)

You can totally do this