dinner advice

Options
for my hubbys bday i need a dinner ready to literly pop in micro - lasangue? (low fat) and breads (i wont eat the breads) is it pos to do lasangue on this diet?

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of yourself as on a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change. You can eat whatever you want, just stay within your calorie allowance. Go ahead and make the lasagna and eat some, too. :wink:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    totally! we're having lasagna for dinner tonight and we're making it totally veggie, anything other than that will likely add lots of fat. we're even doing ricotta cheese (part-skim) and mozzarella! the version we make, according to MFP's recipe calculator, is around 180 calories per serving and 7 g fat. i also use whole-wheat noodles when i make lasagna.

so yes, it's possible!
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    how do you put it in the food diary as a portion tho?
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    i substitute low fat cottage for the ricotta.. .my family loves my homemade lasagna
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    ok sorry guys im new to all this, so there is a recipe on here for one?
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You asked, "Is it possible to do lasagna on this diet?"

I guess that all depends on what diet are you on. Are you on a diet? Or are you on a life-long healthy eating plan?

You didn't say when your hubby's b'day is so I don't know how much time you have for this suggestion, but I often spend all day Sunday in the kitchen preparing and cooking meals for my husband, which I then freeze in individual portions for future 'microwavable' use. If you are worried about fats, calories, sodium, etc and have the time to make lasagna in advance and freeze it, then that's what I would suggest. Otherwise, if you're buying store bought, I'd opt for a lean cuisine or something that is low in fat, sodium and sugars.
  • 39esw53
    39esw53 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make a recipe with the ingredients and the number of servings.....MFP then calculates the calories and nutrients per serving.
    This worked pretty well for me so far. To add it to your meal list, select the recipe column and adjust for the number of servings you ate. It is a little tricky with fruit salads, so once everything is chopped I try to measure the number of cups yield and set a serving at 1/2 cup to get the number of servings.
  • audjrey
    Options
    you have to 'create a new recipe' and input each item into the recipe with how many ever portion sizes you think it will make. the computer will compute the individual values at the bottom of the page and when you input it into your food diary.

I'm sure there are plenty of recipes in the database, but I don't know how to access other people's only my own.
  • audjrey
    Options
    my suggestion for a healthy lasagna is to follow the recipe on the outside of the lasagna noodle box and make the following changes:

a) use whole wheat noodles
    b) use low-fat cottage cheese
    c) add lots of finely diced veggies
    d) use a low-sugar tomato sauce
    e) use black beans or extra lean ground beef