P90X or Insanity?

Options
Ok so I just finished the Slim in 6 series from beach body and I am down another 7lbs and I have 10 to go. I really want to ton because even tho I have taken off 23lbs I still feel flabby and not slim at all.
I hate the thought of buying into another workout program but I am doing so well with what I have now but I want to take it to the next level...

Suggestions please and thanks :smile:

Replies

• cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    I love insanity. Mostly because I couldn't pee 90 times (ba dum dumpt).
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    When I get to 135 (Hopefully by the end of May, when I'm done with C25K) I'm going to start SERIOUSLY toning and I've been looking for opinions on this too. P90x or Insanity or Turbo Fire... something.

Hope to get some good advice on this thread!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump. Would like to know the feedback as well.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump. Would like to know the feedback as well.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    If you are looking to tone I suggest P90X. Muscle burns fat and when you lift weights you become tighter. So that'll probably help you tone and tighten up a bit.
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Ok, here's a good way to put it... if you're a strength monster, P90x is for you. If you love moving (joggers, dancers, boxers, etc.) insanity is a very fluid workout. I've seen both yield amazing results.
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    Today is my final fit test for insanity and I will be done. I did p90x for nealry 2 years until this fall and decided to go to insanity for a mix and to hope to maybe get a little leaner. Insanity is a great workout, but p90x is a full body workout. I lost a little strength with insanity and to be honest just didn't look forward to the workouts. I am really looking forward to going back to p90x. I may mix the max insanity workouts in but every day of that stuff was not for me. I guess I will see just how much strenght I lost next week when I start the x again. So, I would say p90x over insanity is the way I would go.
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    I vote Insanity but it depends what you're looking for. I personally chose Insanity because:

*Requires no equipment; uses your own body weight for all exercises

*High intensity intervals

*I sweat my butt off, dripping by the end

*Sufficient stretching intense warm-up

*It feels like intense training for a sport, and that's how I used to be in great shape :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Ok, here's a good way to put it... if you're a strength monster, P90x is for you. If you love moving (joggers, dancers, boxers, etc.) insanity is a very fluid workout. I've seen both yield amazing results.

I am a running by nature but would love to be a strength monster lol that is my weakness!!
  • SassyStef
    Options
    Today is my final fit test for insanity and I will be done. I did p90x for nealry 2 years until this fall and decided to go to insanity for a mix and to hope to maybe get a little leaner. Insanity is a great workout, but p90x is a full body workout. I lost a little strength with insanity and to be honest just didn't look forward to the workouts. I am really looking forward to going back to p90x. I may mix the max insanity workouts in but every day of that stuff was not for me. I guess I will see just how much strenght I lost next week when I start the x again. So, I would say p90x over insanity is the way I would go.

Thanks that is def. something to think about!! Have fun going back to what you enjoyed!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I am at my "ideal" body weight but trying to gradually build muscle and lose fat. I tend to disbelieve anything that makes rash claims like the one that you can be completely toned in 90 days, and for that reason avoid them. For women in particular, building muscle is a slow process. But you need to do two things: eat plenty of protein (MFP can help you track it- I changed my "goal" protein to make it higher based on advice I got from an exercise physiologist), and also do some kind of muscle building exercise, like weights or resistance machines. I have not tried P90X specifically- and won't for the reason stated above- but it seems like it would be a reasonable option as long as you don't get frustrated if you don't reach your goal as fast as they claim. I have personally been doing the Curves exercise program for a couple of years and it is working, but gradually. However it has lots of published data showing how it works.
  • SassyStef
    Options
    I vote Insanity but it depends what you're looking for. I personally chose Insanity because:

*Requires no equipment; uses your own body weight for all exercises

*High intensity intervals

*I sweat my butt off, dripping by the end

*Sufficient stretching intense warm-up

*It feels like intense training for a sport, and that's how I used to be in great shape :)

Totally like the no equipment thing, but I have a set of 3 and 5lb weights that I use already and resistance bands.
    I love any thing high intensity!!
    I am a sweater too lol I can be sweating during warm up lol
    That is why I love to run...feels like I am doing something important!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If toning is what you are after I suggest P90X.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HAHA - well done.
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That comment was supposed to be in reply to the peeing joke - the quote didn't copy. Don't know how this part works... :)
  • SassyStef
    Options
    That comment was supposed to be in reply to the peeing joke - the quote didn't copy. Don't know how this part works... :)

lol hit quote then when the new box pops up hit enter a few times and start typing :wink: