Hello from Michigan!

Options
Hi, my name is Andrea and I just found this website today. I LOVE the food database, by the way!

I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and am just trying to consciously live a healthier lifestyle. I've never done well with structured diets, but counting calories is OK as long as I don't get obsessed with it.

Right now I have a bad chest cold, so exercise is not really an option. Once I'm better, I'm going to work on incoporating more exercise into my day.

I am 40 years old, married to my best friend Ken, we live near Detroit, Michigan, and have a dog and a cat. Currently we do not have kids and I doubt we ever will. It's just not something we have ever wanted for ourselves, although I do love kids.

Anyway, that's a little about me and I hope to get to know all of you, too.

Andrea

Replies

• acox68
    acox68 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, my name is Andrea and I just found this website today. I LOVE the food database, by the way!

I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and am just trying to consciously live a healthier lifestyle. I've never done well with structured diets, but counting calories is OK as long as I don't get obsessed with it.

Right now I have a bad chest cold, so exercise is not really an option. Once I'm better, I'm going to work on incoporating more exercise into my day.

I am 40 years old, married to my best friend Ken, we live near Detroit, Michigan, and have a dog and a cat. Currently we do not have kids and I doubt we ever will. It's just not something we have ever wanted for ourselves, although I do love kids.

Anyway, that's a little about me and I hope to get to know all of you, too.

Andrea
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    HI! Welcome you will love this site.
  • cinnamongrl33
    Options
    Hi - I am from Alpena MI! It's nice to see a fellow Michigander. I am new also - 4th day actually. So far I LOVE THIS SITE! The support and encouragement is amazing. Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Treask40
    Options
    Hi Andrea!
    Welcome and good luck on your quest. I have been doing this now for 4 weeks. I love the accountabilty the site gives you with food and exercise. I am exercising 6 days a week.. I started out with 10 min. Now I am doing 30 + and feeling better. I am not seeing the dramatic drop on the scale that I would like to see but for some reason it has been that way for a few years. I think its peri menapause but either way I will keep on striving to be a healthier me.
    I grew up in Flint Michigan so again WeLcome from another Michigander.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Lapeer (ok not that this has anything to do with saying hi :) )
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to a great group!!! :flowerforyou:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome! I'm new to but I already love the website. You'll get a lot out of it if you just stick with it and do what your suppose to do.
  • acox68
    acox68 Posts: 9
    Options
    WOW thank you for all of the welcomes! I am glad to be here. It looks like there are lots of people from MI here as well.

Thanks again, I will venture out into some other areas of the board now!

Andrea