Protein Powder/Shakes?

Options
I just started 30 Day Shred yesterday & I was curious about what everyone's favorite pre-packaged protein shakes or recipes are. I am currently using Jillian Michael's Double Chocolate shake for 180 calories & 16 grams of protein. I am sure there are better alternatives (higher protein, lower calorie). I'm thinking about buying a Magic Bullet or something to make my own shakes so I can save money, but pre-packaged are better for now. Thank you!

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    Shakeology is the BEST but it's a little expensive. In my opinion it is so worth it!

http://shakeology.com/
  • saeverman
    saeverman Posts: 88
    Options
    There are a lot of great recipes on theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.
  • momof2gr8ones
    Options
    I use liquid protein from Dietdirect.com I really like the orange and grape flavors with water, and the mango/peach is great in iced tea!
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    I buy vanilla flavored Body Fortress (u can get it at Target or Walmart) and use it as creamer in my coffee every morning. It's 140 calories & 26g protein. Regardless of what brand you buy, make sure you are getting whey protein - it is the best.
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I buy vanilla flavored Body Fortress (u can get it at Target or Walmart) and use it as creamer in my coffee every morning. It's 140 calories & 26g protein. Regardless of what brand you buy, make sure you are getting whey protein - it is the best.

Does it mix in well? I've never even thought of mixing it with coffee.
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks for the links, but are there any other suggestions?
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I do the Jillian micheals natural whey protein that you mix. It makes 30 servings and I got it for 18.00 at sams club. I blend it with skim milk and sometimes add ice. Just be careful with the prepackaged protein shakes because of the sugar in them.

I had a GE bullet style blender used it twice and the top got stuck! Make sure you hang on to your receipt in case the belnder craps out on you. We just went and got an new blender today.
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i use life extension protein powder Chocolate flavor as long as you shake it well to get the clumps out it is awesome, I look forward to them, it is surprisingly sweet!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use EAS chocolate and it's yummy. Gotta shake it real hard though...
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wanted to use a protein Powder I know they use it on the biggest loser want to find out from other that have used the powder before. Also how often do you use and and does it help in what way. I'm just start a weight loss program and was hoping for help:laugh: