Happy MFP One Year Anniversary to me!

Options
One year ago today I joined MFP. I celebrated by running my first 10K. It was awesome. Wow, what a difference a year makes. When I started this journey, I was overwhelmed by how far I had to go. So, to lessen the emotional ties that I had to the numbers my scale, I changed both my scale and the MFP settings to metric. Here’s part of my story:

One year ago (some NSVs)….
If you had asked me if I would be willing to run a 10K, my response would have been, “who’s holding the gun to my head?”
My resting heart rate was in the mid 80s.
I wore a size 22 jeans (and they were tight).
I wore a size 2x or even a 3x shirt (depending on the cut).
I couldn’t run for even one minute. Not even for one minute.

Today:
I ran a 10K – the whole thing – in a little over an hour. Finished right smack in the middle of my age/gender group. Yay!
My resting heart rate is in the mid 40s.
I wear a size 8 or 10 jeans (depending on the cut)
I wear medium shirts
Did I mention I ran a 10K today?
I’ve had to move the seat up in my car three times.
I can ride roller coasters again without having the horrible fear that my *kitten* will not fit in the seat! (BTW, this was my trigger)
I no longer need seatbelt extensions when I fly (and more cuties sit by me if there’s open seating :D)
Theater seats are comfortable again
This list could go on and on and on, but I think you get the point…

Finally, the SCALE/Measurement victories:
And finally, the measurements (I only keep track of these two):
Start waist: 49.8 in.
Start hips: 58 in.
Starting weight: 298.5
Current waist: 32 in.
Current hips: 42 in.
Current weight: 185.5
Total lost this year: 113 pounds. Yay!
How many more until I reach my ultimate goal? 25.5 lbs.
Can I do it? Absolutely. I ran a 10K today.

And I know you all want before/after pics, so here they are (if I can get the post to work):
DSC_0015.jpg
March2011.jpg

Replies

• erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You have inspired me.
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are an amazing inspiration! Congratulations on all your successes, and great job on your 10K RUN today! Awesome
    :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like a different person! Heck, you ARE!!! Congrats!
  • Chazz0r
    Chazz0r Posts: 35
    Options
    You are amazing! Congratulations!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - I can relate to most of your before list. Well done on the run and your great achievements.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! you look awesome, your a fab example that this can be done, thank you for sharing this ♥
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Options
    Congratulations seems too small of a word for your accomplishment. >STANDING UP AND APPLAUDING YOU.:flowerforyou:
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    wow weel done you and congrulations on running 10k plus loosing so much in one year u have done amazing and look amzing :-))
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow, you're an inspiration to us all! Congratulations! It makes me wonder where I'll be on my MFP one year anniversary. :smile:
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    YOU absolutely OWN this! Thanks for your inspiring post! Congrats to YOU on your many accomplishments over the year! So exciting and motivating! You look gorgeous! Nicely Done!!!! Best to you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • srahill3
    srahill3 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow!! You are amazing! Such an inspiration! Congrats on your run! I hope to work up to that one day!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :smile: :drinker: Thank your for sharing your story. You look great!!! You are such an inspiration.
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    AMAZING - Thanks for sharing!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That's AWESOME!!! GREAT job on staying committed to your weight lose journey.

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY 2 U!:drinker:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Great Job :) You have accomplished so much in a year.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    SO amazing! you are definitely an inspiration!!! Great job on the 10K. I am currently completing the C25K program and plan to run a 5K in May! Maybe someday I can run a 10K like you!!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    SO amazing! you are definitely an inspiration!!! Great job on the 10K. I am currently completing the C25K program and plan to run a 5K in May! Maybe someday I can run a 10K like you!!

Thank you! I started with the C25K program. It works! Just keep with it. When I finished it I moved on the Bridge to 10K.
  • cindyre20
    Options
    your story is inspiring and amazing! great job losing over 100 pounds. i am where you started. i have been going to the gym for 3 weeks trying to run on the treadmill. i have managed to make it up to 1 min 30 sec running full speed them walking for 2 min but am having trouble pushing myself to running 2 min. i think your story is just the inspiration i needed! not sure if i will ever make it to a 10K but a 5K is one of my goals!!! thanks!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You're absolutely beautiful - you're simply glowing now! Congratulations on a job very well done!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!!!! You look awesome! It shows in your after picture that you feel great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!