Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wahoo for shopping!!!

idream2bgwen
idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
So I started my weight loss journey at the end of January and here we are two months later. I have lost 30lbs now and am hoping to lose about 40 more. But today was a great day!! I went shopping because my size 18 pants are HUGE on me! :happy:

So today it was a day out for me. I got 2 new pairs of pants (size 14) and 4 new shirts (all 1-2 sizes smaller). I am on cloud nine!!! The 14's are a bit snug but I figure I still have more to lose so that is ok. THEY FIT!!!

I am new to the community portion of MFP and am hoping to add a few more friends for days when I really need the support (or you really need the support). So if you want to be friends let me know. :drinker:

Replies

• lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Isn't that a fabulous feeling!?!? I started my journey in a size 26, thoroughly disgusted with myself and now where a size 14 pant and my shirts are a size large. No more "extras" for me!!!! Congratulations!

- Lisa
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Way to go Gwen! Awesome job! No matter WHAT the scale EVER says... it's how your clothes fit that really tell the truth! keep up the great work! And feel free to friend me!
  • SDinger
    SDinger Posts: 14
    WOW! Way to go! That's awesome. Keep up the great work, and feel free to add me if you want. It feels SO great to lose, not only in weight but also in clothes. It can get expensive! hahaha
    I am happy for you, keep the wonderful weight loss up!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Thank you ladies! It has been great. I am really trying to limit what I buy since I am not at the half way mark yet. I could buy a whole new wardrobe but then I'd just have to do that again! HAHAHA. But it is a much nicer feeling knowing that I am buying down a size and not up a size. AMAZING!

Great job Lisa. That is amazing!!! :D

Shelley, I know what you mean about the scale. I was stuck at 25lbs for what seemed like forever. But in 25 days I lost 13.5 inches and my clothes feel better. I now try to tell my friends that. I know how discouraging it is to not lose weight even though you are giving your all and I needed to see something and the inches totally did it for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!