Bodybugg; has/does anyone use it?

Options
I have been watching the Biggest Loser the past few days, and they all wear a small device called a Bodybugg (http://www.bodybugg.com/). I was wondering if anyone has used it now or in the past, and what you thought.

I want a calorie counter, and I really like the flexibility of tracking it from my Android phone/computer.

Thanks! :D

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit... I LOVE it! They do have an android ap also. I don't have one, so I sync with my computer. It's an amazing tool!! With the BMF you wear it 24 hours a day (except when showering and swimming) it's great! tracks your calorie burned, number of steps, times when you're active and tells you how well you slept! Wonderful info from a little armband!
  • bdeason12
    bdeason12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Bodybug a couple of years ago from 24 hour fitness. I was getting married and needed a little help keeping track of everything. I will say that I thought it was amazing!!!! You are able to see how many calories you burn throughout the day as wells as your steps. It really made me step back and look at everything I was doing! I would take the stairs instead of the elevator because I wanted to burn those extra calories. It was an instant payoff because I was able to look at my progress at any point in the day. I would highly recomend it!!!!
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit... I LOVE it! They do have an android ap also. I don't have one, so I sync with my computer. It's an amazing tool!! With the BMF you wear it 24 hours a day (except when showering and swimming) it's great! tracks your calorie burned, number of steps, times when you're active and tells you how well you slept! Wonderful info from a little armband!

Any idea how much this would cost?
    BTW love your quote on your signature. Made me chuckle!!
  • ukq727
    ukq727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Polar FT4 it is super awesome look it up you will love it as well.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Any idea how much this would cost?
    BTW love your quote on your signature. Made me chuckle!!

thanks!
    The BMF was about $150 through Amazon (it's $240 or so at the BODYMEDIA site) and there is a $8 a month cost to sync it online, i signed up for the one year subscription for it. You also get 3 months of membership for free either way you get it I think. So it has a cost, but to mne it's worth it.
  • Aninha_PP
    Aninha_PP Posts: 32
    Options
    I'd like to know that too!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I got miy BMF at Costco.com for $149 and it came with the 12 month subscription to the site. It is great and I love it!! Good luck with what ever you choose.
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I got miy BMF at Costco.com for $149 and it came with the 12 month subscription to the site. It is great and I love it!! Good luck with what ever you choose.