ARMS

Options
I was wondering if anyone had some specific work outs to target arm fat. I know i can lift weights but i can't ever seem to get around to doing that. :/

Also does anyone know how many calories an hour of Zumba burns?

Replies

• ShakenWithJoy
    Options
    you could try adding excerise that includes alot of boxing moves, but if you want to shape your arms, you will need to do some sort of muscle enhancing exercise... if you don't like weights, you can....

push ups - because my wrists don't support my weight, i do them on an 45 degree incline using the arm of my couch - vary the width of your arms to bring in more chest/shoulder muscles.

chair dips - sit on a sturdy chair, scoot to the edge, place your palms down next to each hip, scoot out supporting your weight with your arms, control the speed of your dip and you raise and lower yourself, vary it with slow long dips, and speedy short ones.

and even without weights i would encourage you to do shoulder presses, front lateral raises, and side lateral raises to enhance your shoulders.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii the boxing and tennis games have been working great for me plus it is lots of fun but boy did I feel it in my arms the next day!!
  • mgibson9
    mgibson9 Posts: 8
    Options
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I do weights, press ups, boxing, lifting children.....nothing has ever made my arms improve. I either look like a shot-putter or have bingo wings, even when I weighed 110lbs.

From your profile picture, your arms look fine!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Cardio burns the fat, and strength training improves the form.
  • manda907
    manda907 Posts: 22
    Options
    Tennis in Wii Sports is definitely awesome, when I had my Wii I would play that for a good couple hours, and would switch arms so that I wasn't just working out only one.

I am really leaning to getting another Wii again just so I can play Tennis at home again.