When do you see a change?

Options
When do you actually start seeing a change in measurements? I've only been doing this for two weeks and I have lost 4lbs but I'm not seeing any big changes in my measurements. I will admits that walking for two weeks has made me feel better and my blood pressure has dropped down but I want to see some physicsal changes. Also would like some low sodium meals. Help please !

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    When do you actually start seeing a change in measurements? I've only been doing this for two weeks and I have lost 4lbs but I'm not seeing any big changes in my measurements. I will admits that walking for two weeks has made me feel better and my blood pressure has dropped down but I want to see some physicsal changes. Also would like some low sodium meals. Help please !
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie!

Congrats on your 4 pounds!!

I've been doing this for 2 weeks also and have lost 3 pounds and feel and see the difference.
    Continue the awesome job and you will see the difference in no time.
    I've foind tons of low sodium recipes on allrecipes.com and here's the link:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Living/Low-Sodium-Recipes/Main.aspx
  • squast123
    Options
    It takes awhile to see changes. Thats why diets are o hard to start and stick to because you want to see changes right away. The best advice I can give you is to wait two weeks or ten pounds. The changes will be small, but you will start to notice them. If you think about it the fact that you FEEL better is a great change because you are becoming healthier.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the web site skinnier_me! To both of you thanks for being there when I needed a little help. Yeah it is pretty frustrating but then I tell myself that I didn't put it on in two weeks either : )
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Another way to see a change in your measurement more quickly... add weight training to your routine!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Very welcome!

We're here for each other =)
  • I think making some progress on a regular basis helps keep you going. I now weigh myself every morning and measure my gut at the belly button. If I don't lose weight over a few days but my belly is a little smaller I still feel good. Sometimes the belly is the same size and the weight drops. More times than not one of the numbers is better. Remember you are doing this for your life not 2 weeks. So if you have a bad couple of days rememebr you can get right back into it.
    One of the other members mentioned lifting weights. It willdefinitly make you feel better and looser start out slooowwww, make sure you safely do it and you will definitley feel better. I lost 35 lbs and a 6 inches around my belly. It took from New years day 2005 240 to today 205. I can breath better, get out of the car easier, ah the simple pleasures.

oh yah-I weigh and measure myself after I go in the morning and before breakfast it makes me lighter!
  • okiemoma
    okiemoma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it depends on how much you have to loose. I need to loose about 75-100 pounds. So, it took about a month for me. It seems like about every 20-25 pounds I can tell a good difference. So far, I have lost about 35 pounds and about 7 inches. One complete jean size (24 down to 22) and I have been dieting since July 7.
  • tsmyle
    Options
    Okiemoma, what did you do to lose the 35lbs since 7/7?
  • citybyrd
    Options
    I was told by a trainer that (approximately) 10lbs equals one dress size... try measuring when you've dropped 10 lbs

Congrats on your success so far!!!
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow thats really good to know.
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for a month now, down 7 pounds.
    I feel great, and imagine myself stepping lighter.
    This morning I buckled the next skinner hole in my belt.

My goal is to fit into skinny jeans I put on the top shelf five years ago.
  • mschwark
    Options
    Are you doing any cardio? I think it helps to get the heart rate up to fat burning level!