Good Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
I'm looking at getting a Heart Rate Monitor but I also want one that calculates calories burned so when I start my P90X program I know exactly how many calories I burned.....I would like to get a really good quality one so I don't have to worry if it is right or not....Any Suggestions? Much appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    polar FT7..and it is not a half bad looking watch.
  • BigMattyD
    BigMattyD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a Polar RS300X after searching for a while. Seems to have a ton of features and so far I love having all the data it provides me. Good luck on your search!

Oh also I ended up going with Polar after reading many reviews and talking to various people at a sports store and friends that have them. Everyones census is having any HRM is an awesome tool but Polars come with a nice soft chest strap that I appreciated since I'm still a bit chunky.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    I LOVEmy Polar heart rate monitor! Bought it at Target 2 years ago for about $80 and it is the biggest motivator for me when I exercise. It is so great to see how many calories you are burning when out on a run or on the stairmaster. Definitely recommend buying one for when you exercise. Good luck!

Simone
  • Shyann32
    Shyann32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I went and got a Polar FT7 HRM yesterday! Thanks for the tips! I love this thing already!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There's a search function.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bowflex Hybrid ---like it better than my old Polar
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good choice, I got the FT7 and its great, love it.