Pizza Hut commercials on sidebar? C'mon!!

Options
Here I am trying to lose 30 pounds and all I see is the ad for the $10 pan crust pizza at Pizza Hut running along the sidebar -- it's killing me! :-)

Replies

• missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    at this very moment I am seeing the one for Papa Johns 11$ at the side and the milky way one up top... wow...
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Bah! Same thing happened to me last night. I'm desperately trying NOT to eat past 6:30 pm (I did it last night, woot!) and when I usually go downstairs for something to eat, on comes some commercial for fast food. It looked rather delicious.

However, I just tricked myself, and remembered how most fast food is prepared, and where it comes from. Then I wasn't so hungry anymore....
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That pizza hut commercial is keeping this site free, ignore it and stop complaining.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have Papa John's on mine too! And the new Showtime shows that I can't wait to watch tomorrow night!!!!
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also got the Papa John's $11 ad- guess MFP allows any ads that are willing to pay. :-) What helps me though is to see how many calories are in those pizzas then I don't crave them anymore b/c I work my butt off to throw all my hard work down the drain for a slice of pizza.
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just ignore the side bar. BUT however if you have a craving have a little. Maybe hit the buffett and eat a big good salad and a piece of pizza.....just one LOL and lots of fruit. It works for me. I only ate a piece and a small part of another one. Good luck.
  • immaggiemae
    Options
    @Amy, good point -- not so much complaining as laughing at my predicament -- I'm not a whiner :-)
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I have the Papa John's on mine also but to be honest I never noticed any of the advertisements on here until I read this LOL
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    Don't forget the Taco Bell adds that pop up on top!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have a cupcake on mine. I guess the advertisers know their target market. This makes me want to stick it to the man.
  • immaggiemae
    Options
    That pizza hut commercial is keeping this site free, ignore it and stop complaining.

@Amy, good point -- not so much complaining as laughing at my predicament -- I'm not a whiner :-)
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Sorry to be so snappy, but I just got in a fight with my husband, and these posts about the ad's pop up quite often. I'll take a free site over whatever ad's show up....glad you didn't seem to take it personal :wink:
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We are all trying to change our lifestyles and it is not feasible to cover our eyes and ears and sing 'lalala.' :) Gotta deal with temptation, and quite frankly, pizza doesn't look very good when I just busted my *kitten* at the gym. lol
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I keep getting ads for renting photographic equipment. Must. Resist.
  • prolixsolutions
    Options
    Thanks for your sharing...
    Really very nice post....

Pizza Equipment
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have just posted a question asking what egg beaters are and lo and behold my sidebar add is liquid egg whites lol

You get adds that are targeted to the sort of things you post, so I am not getting the one that you get, and NOT going to mention the brand lol I get a lot of fitness ones, a lot of underwear ones and holiday ones, come to this 5 star resort and wear this great bra kind of stuff lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am getting Best Buy ads. I haven't posted anything computer or tech related here ever...... wtf? lol