Hi there!

Options
I am new to the site. My name is Amanda and I am currently battling my weight and doing ok so far. I have lost 18 lbs. so far. I weigh myself once a month so I don't have to deal with disappointments. :wink: I hope to meet some great people here and find some great support.

Replies

• ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I am new to the site. My name is Amanda and I am currently battling my weight and doing ok so far. I have lost 18 lbs. so far. I weigh myself once a month so I don't have to deal with disappointments. :wink: I hope to meet some great people here and find some great support.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Wow! congratulations on your weight loss. It sounds like you have been doing something right! It makes it so much more fun when you have people to share the ups and downs with! Hope you find lots of good tips, encouragement, and plenty of friends to help you along. Nice to have you here:flowerforyou:
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, you're doing great! Keep it up and this site is wonderful!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey I completely agree with the once a month weigh in. I decided to do the same thing. How many times ave you been having a great week, worked out faithfully, ate within your calorie limits, felt really good about the progress you are making, then got on the scale and whammo, your balloon explodes because your scales say you gained a pound. Remember all that self confidence and good feeling you had not 20 seconds ago, well they are now gone, replaced with disappointment in yourself. I think with once a week is self defeating. You end up beating yourself up and wanting to give up every week if you don't hit the magic number. It ruins so many people’s good intentions every day and further chips away at their already damaged self confidence and body image. You know what you are doing is the right way, so don't let it bring you down. Once a month allows you to beleive in yourself and have confidence. Weighing weekly often disappoints and makes you lose faith that you can do it..