Ladies Breakfast Meeting

Options
tanniew78
tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
I am trying to get my mindset into gear for this thing. Its a few weeks away yet, but I know theres not going to be much there thats not VERY fattening and scrumptious (WHY do church functions have to be catered by GOOD cooks?!?! lmbo). I volunteered to take a fruit salad.

We have done this before and there will probably be 3-4 bowls of different fruit salads. 5-6 breakfast casseroles, yogurts, granolas and typical yogurt add ins. I saw a sign up for sausage patties. And an assortment of juices and milk.

Im planning to have a big fruit salad. Im not sure if Im getting yogurt yet. More than likely though. I just know those cheesy, eggy, meaty casseroles will be calling my name. Not to mention there will probably be some kind of coffee cake deal that will SCREAM my name. lol. One evil woman made a pumpkin dump cake! lol.

Alas, I have the tools and knowledge to navigate the function with success. I am also trying to figure out if I might want a cheat day (not that I think of it like that, more like a treat day) that day.... Maybe exercise more?

I know Im crazy to obsess about it already but you know how these things mess with your mind... lol...

Replies

• pretentiouskate
    Options
    I saw some advice recently that I really enjoyed, which was that if eating healthy is going to be a lifestyle change, it has to include room for LIFE! My advice? Eat small bites of whatever "treats" you want. A couple fork fulls of casserole on a special occasion wont put you over calories and wont magically make you gain weight.

Maybe you can get some of the ladies to go for a walk after the breakfast :)
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    Options
    I think you should go for it, and have a "treat" day, enjoy and not worry about it. I had one yesterday with my girlfriends. I ate what I wanted (rice & beans, nachos, nuts, chocolate, chips, some cocktails, etc.) just for the day. I did exercise before I went, and then today I got right back onto my usual routine. i think sometimes, you just have to relax!!
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This has worked for me ...fill your plate mostly with fruit salad, and then take small little samples of whatever else looks good to you. Find someone to talk to and eat slowly, then stay away from the food table.
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Your best bet is to come in prepared. Know what you are going to eat there and also for the rest of the day.
    Reward yourself by not giving in to the one thing that got you where you are today...that is the real reward..walking away and beating it. Remember there is always more food tomorrow.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You're funny!! Eat a small serving of the evil coffeecake, etc & boost your exercise that day!! You can enjoy yourself & stay within the boundaries. Good Luck
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The only thing that gets me about eating a fork of this and that is tracking it here. Im pretty religous (no puns.. or maybe so :tongue:) about that. I like knowing what goes into my mouth.... Maybe I can pick one and note whats in it and ballpark the amounts used in that lil slice.....
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Ugh...you can always be sick and don't go. Ummmm, you could wear a gag. You could take a focus picture with you and set it right in front of you so you can see it. You could eat breakfast before you go. Okay, I'm out of ideas. I'd probably eat the coffee cake. Downfall for me--baked good. Yikes. I don't envy you. But...I know you can do it. You are taking the tools with you. Yogurt, fruit. Check out coffee cake calories before you go..maybe a small piece. Forget the pumpkin stuff..it's no good unless it's in a pie..or maybe cookies..or muffins.. Never mind, just don't look at it.
    Good luck!! Let us know how it goes.
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As far as tracking it on here - I just guess (a little high) and put it in as a calorie figure. It is not like you do it every day.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    I know how you feel. I went on a ladies retreat with my church family recently and i just ate little bits of everything at dinner, no desert or bread. had cereal for breakfast and workout in the weight room in the inn we stayed at. I still enjoyed myself and loved myself even more when I got back for making healthy choices. It's the fellowship I enjoy the most at those kinds of things! :) At least it's a breakfast thing and not a dinner, you can burn it off when you get back home!!
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I saw some advice recently that I really enjoyed, which was that if eating healthy is going to be a lifestyle change, it has to include room for LIFE! My advice? Eat small bites of whatever "treats" you want. A couple fork fulls of casserole on a special occasion wont put you over calories and wont magically make you gain weight.

Maybe you can get some of the ladies to go for a walk after the breakfast :)

Very well said. =)