What the heck am I gonna do with these darn fundraiser cooki

Options
Hey MFP Fam,

I bought a tub of frozen Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough to support my son's school's fundraiser. Each cookie is 150 calories and when I called my mom to schedule delivery of her 2 tubs of cookies, she told me to keep the oatmeal raisin. WTH! She's a diabetic & I told her I'm trying to loose weight and don't need them. I didn't plan on making any more cookies any time soon. However, my son made a batch of cookies today and I gave in to the aroma and taste of those warm triple chocolate chunk cookies. What am I going to do? Help! :embarassed:

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Sell them as a fundraiser AGAIN! :) Take them with you in a cooler and explain that you are selling them to help your sons _____ (whatever fun). They might sell :) Try for even half the price you paid for them if you have a tough time.

You get exercise from walking and socializing (I feel like talking to strangers burns calories, I get so frightened!)
    and you get rid of temptation from your kitchen :D
  • Jouquetta
    Jouquetta Posts: 20
    Options
    Take them to a women & children's shelter OR a food bank if you got one near you. That way several people will feel good... include you!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well make them all up and bag them up and drop off at your local police dept or fire dept. Explain to the why your not keeping them. My husband is on the pd here and all these guys loves things like that.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Well make them all up and bag them up and drop off at your local police dept or fire dept. Explain to the why your not keeping them. My husband is on the pd here and all these guys loves things like that.

Excellent idea. Or bake them up, and find a church that is having a bake sale and donate them.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Take them to a women & children's shelter OR a food bank if you got one near you. That way several people will feel good... include you!

I like this idea. Maybe because I am currently watching Secert Millionaire.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    What a WONDERFUL idea:flowerforyou: :heart: So thoughtful when ppl bring along things like that to Women's shelters, when I had to spend time with my child in one some years back you had no time to take anything with you from home. So when ppl would bring in personal items or homemade quilts etc. it was like a gift from Heaven because you simply didn't have anything to call your own anymore.

Yes think about donating them to someone, any agency that helps others or those in need that would not be able to purchase a special treat.

Sharing with others gives back in so many ways:love::wink:
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

I like this idea. Maybe because I am currently watching Secert Millionaire.

Me too! I love that show : )
  • jmlabrie
    jmlabrie Posts: 5
    Options
    I do have frozen cookies in my freezer for my husband to fix for himself. I, so far, have managed to not eat them. I guess it's just
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks for the input!!!!!!! I hate wasting food and someone else could definitely enjoy them. Having those cookies around is like taking an alcoholic to a bar. I appreciate you ladies!