Very new to site...unsupportive family/friends

Options
Hey Everyone!
I am defnitely looking for some support and motiviation. I live far from my family and I am a super busy mom of 2 young boys. My husband is very healthy (can eat anything and stays the same weight) and doesn't understand the struggle. I am ready to make a change in my life and would appreciate any help! Thanks!!!

Replies

• keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started doing couch to 5k cause its only 30 minutes 3x a week and it starts out SUPER gradual. Whatever exercize you settle on it should be fairly easy to work into your life, especially as a busy mom! :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely! You will find lots of support here. We get it.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Being faithful to entering every single bite that goes in my mouth has proven to be my most useful tool. Plus I made it a priority to walk EVERY day. You mention young boys...old enough to walk with you?
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have one of those too, feel free to add me to your friends list. Support for us both:)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    friend request sent :smile:
  • OneBKDiva
    OneBKDiva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is a womderful site to get encouraged. We are all working towards the same goal!! Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!!! If you have OnDemand from Comcast (not sure about other cable providers) there are 10 minute workouts on the Sports and Fitness page, under Exercise TV. They do a lot in the 10 minutes and you definitely feel the burn after some of them :-)

Add me if you want some more support!!!
  • mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    hey you got my support. my kids have started walking with me one is 14 the other is 10. if yours are old enough take them along. it makes for great bonding time. start out slow. as a good friend told me "baby steps girl baby steps." i walk about a half mile every day. and just started to add walk away the pounds to my routine today. and boy let me tell you that really kicks my butt. feel free to add me. i check in everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And you are definitely going to find support here. Lots of us deal with pressures from family and friends who aren't as supportive as we need them to be, or are supportive in unhelpful ways.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    good luck with you weight loss journey!! you can do it!!