calories in avocado?

Options
I'm finding ranges from 150 to over 300 calories when i search for a whole medium sized avocado in the database. Anyone know the true calorie count? thanks!

Replies

• speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm finding ranges from 150 to over 300 calories when i search for a whole medium sized avocado in the database. Anyone know the true calorie count? thanks!
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Avocado is loaded with fat. so don't be surprised by it's calories!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    1 med (145g)

cals 276
    cals fr fat 246
    fat 27g
    carb 1.5g
    fiber 4.3g
    protein 1.5

Once every other week, I have half an avocado in a salad.
    Because of the fiber. mmmmmmmm

* source : Calorie Count. com
    Options
    Well first you should really know where they come from, and that will actually tell you how much they are in cal.
    1 med. 276 cal/248 fat cal.
    But please don't let the fat content keep you away from eating them. The fat content in them are actually the good fat that you should have. The good fat is called Total lipid (fat) 27.55 g out of 27.60g fat that is in the avocado's.
    The bigger the avocado the more cals. and fat.

Here is a good site for cals. and nutritional look up. Just copy and paste the web addy

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    Options
    It is true that they have fat but they have the "good" fat. A lot of low fat diets have the bad fat in them. Just remember the good fats are:Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.

the bad ones are: trans fat and saturated fat

i have been seeing a dietician for the last few weeks and i am learning a lot about eating the right foods and excercising. I lost 2 lbs since last Friday.

Good luck to everyone! :smile: