snacking advice?

Options
What is a good way to keep your hunger curbed and what are some must have snacks that wont kill the calories but also do some satisfying?

I feel I am already giving up a lot, so I was just wondering what others do... and how to not spend all my money are ridiculous faddish diet foods. I'm in college for crying out loud!

P.S. Add me as a friend if you are around my age :wink:

Replies

• codexavellum
    Options
    I added you!
  • Lyndsay_Love
    Options
    I added you as well!
  • shamrock52
    Options
    hey sweetie im long way from your age,but i would like to give you some advice on snacking ,keep fruit on hand and keep this in mind time fly a lot faster than you think
  • allisonmarie93
    Options
    Well, any fruits and veggies make great snacks :)
    I love apple slices and peanut butter - delicious and nutritious!
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is the emerald 100 calorie pack raw almonds.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Almonds, peanuts, walnuts are good (just don't over do). Boiled eggs, peanut butter on celery sticks, and cheese & crackers are others that are my go to.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    almonds 20 is about 1/4 cup serving 170 cals - provides fiber, protein and good fats that give you satiety
    cheese - depending on flavor 1 oz can run around 100 cals; low carbs high protein for longer lasting fullness
    if you're not concerned about carbs, air popped popcorn is a good treat because you can get what seems like a lot out of the kernel serving size. Just don't douse it in butter, oils etc. go natural with your toppings if any - parm cheese, onion or garlic or even cinnamon and your favorite sugar substitute for a sweet treat
  • Kassul
    Kassul Posts: 16
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs are one of my favourite snacks. Pop back a couple of those and they go a long way toward satisfying me, yet they don't drive my calorie counts way up. They do take a few minutes to 'kick in' but *shrug* something to drink and maybe some baby carrots in the meantime to munch on.
  • andreapbaker
    Options
    Fiber one bars are great, the oats and caramel are my favorite but they are all amazing and pack 9 whole grams of fiber. They satisfy my sweet tooth also and are around 140 cals. Makes a great pre-workout snack. Ive been told greek yogurt is a great and satisfying because of all the protein. Unfortunately I havnt found a brand I like yet but I am going to keep looking. I like lite-n-fit in black cherry. Fruits are also a great snack. Good luck. MFP has really helped me to SEE my calorie intake and this in turn has helped me to manage what I am choosing to put in my mouth.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    just a few pistachios or almonds give you a nice crunch that really holds you over until your next meal. Having to shell the pistachios makes sure I don't eat too many.
  • iiskipsabeatii
    Options
    what is the deal with trail mix - i hear different opinions, nuts are healthy fat etc... but i always end up eating the candy - thoughts?
    or should i forget those and keep eggs and carrots and apples!

living healthy is complicated :P
  • bigbeth_02
    bigbeth_02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bananas and grapes are low in calories , i also eat alot of string cheese , its helps get through without over doing it
  • oliviatm55
    Options
    Found Special K cracker chips... Sour cream and onion. Very good.. 27 chips=110 calories. Eat with a little salsa which only has about 20 cal/2 tbsp. I usually eat about 10-12 chips and hunger satisfied. Also satifies that craving for salty/crunchy too.
  • iiskipsabeatii
    Options
    oh i love that idea, thanks!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Pop chips are one of my favorites along with the sea salt Special K chips
    Wasa Crisp n Light crackers (60 cal per serv) I add hummus or LF cream cheese (40-60 cal)
    Hard boiled Egg whites only
    Freeze dried fruits (I like them!) (and I buy the baby food brands lol) (25 cal for 1/4 c)
    Pistachios
    Cucumbers and Red Bell Peppers with a splash of FF Italian or Balsamic
    Strawberries
    String Cheese and Mini Babybels

When I have a sugar attack I go for Miss Meringue cookies....pure sugar but I only need 2-3 and the serving size is ridiculous its like 14 or something for 100 cal.