Just signed up!

Options
rileydi
rileydi Posts: 23 Member
Hello everyone!! My friend recommended this site and I am very excited to begin! Gained 40 pounds over the last year and I am ready to say goodbye to each and every one of them! I am wanting to lose more than 2 pounds a week (I know, I know..2 pounds is healthy). But I am overweight and tall, so I know I will drop the first ten quickly. But I am looking for great exercises that don't get boring! (That's always what happens with me..I get bored). I also get very tired. I am a teach..up for work at 5:30am abd not home until 4:30 earliest...any suggestions for maintaining energy?? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies

• nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    welcome to this community.
    As for suggestions, have you tried a gym? Maybe a home routine to start might become boring, where if you start at a gym, you might want to go and do some classes and interact with adults
  • mandycox1301
    Options
    I have been in Zumba for a couple months and have yet to get bored!! Its amazing and I do have extra energy. Good luck on your journey!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm also a teacher and have found the only way to make sure I get in a workout on a weekday is to walk in the door and immediately change into my workout gear. Then I either run with my dog or head to the gym. If I sit down or get sidetracked w/any other activity, forget it!

As far as fun goes, I love to run, but I've gotten on an elliptical kick lately. I also do a variety of weight machines at the gym which I love. I'm not much into videos/classes, but my friends who are currently doing Zumba LOVE it! They will not miss a class for anything!

I also just joined 3 weeks ago and just as promised, I have lost 2 lbs./week. Good luck and feel free to friend me :smile:
  • mommomlynn
    mommomlynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome...........you are going to love this tool to keep you on track!! :flowerforyou:
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been here for 3 weeks and have lost 13lbs. I do ALOT of walking, sometimes the wii fit plus and I go to water aerobics 1x a week. you are gonna love it here!!! Best of luck to you!
  • rileydi
    rileydi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! I actually joined a gym a couple weeks ago...but of course got bronchitis and pneuomia, so I was out for the count...then went away for spring break (teachers need that break too!!).
    I was thinking YOGA. I know it is great for you, and having an hour of quiet time sounds lovely! I am not sure I am cordinated enough for Zumba! I have friends that do it but I believe it is alot of dance moves, which I am not good at! I do love spinning, so I am excited to get doing that again! I was also thinking about just taking gym clothes with me in the morning so that way I am not even tempted to go home!! I am ready to get this party started!!
  • amydalderson
    Options
    I am new myself, and my goal is also to lose 40 lbs. The exercise I enjoy the most is bike riding! I have tried everything, and for me, getting outside and riding is perfect, it is also fun, and you can make it as easy or as challenging as you want! In arkansas where I live there are many beautiful trails to ride on! Good luck, and I hope you achieve all your goals!:smile::smile:
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome, theres a lot of people here that can help you, have fun and good luck on your weigh lose journey