lost weight but now feeling cold is this normal?

Options
I've lost about 17 pounds, but recently I have been feeling cold. Is this normal with weight loss?

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    fat is an insulator, its not uncommon to feel that, it happened to me being down 27 pounds, lol.
  • Julesfame
    Julesfame Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Put on some warmer clothes and feel happy about your body.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yeah i'm cold 24/7
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I get chilled much easier - so I go with clothing layers to replace the fat layers!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    fat is an insulator, its not uncommon to feel that, it happened to me being down 27 pounds, lol.

Yup. Of course, I'm a big wuss and get cold all the time anyway (even before losing any weight) so maybe I'm not the right person to ask. :wink:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I'm always wearing sweatshirts now.I'm down 23 pounds.
  • corgant715
    corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am experiencing the same thing and a nurse told me that it is "totally" normal. We are losing "insulation" from our body. As weightloss slows down the extreme coldness will get better.
  • johnny51981
    Options
    I have the same thing...mostly in my hands and feet (even with shoes or slippers on), but still chilled for the most part, and I'm down almost 50 (so far).
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    yup I lost 38 lbs and I get cold pretty easily...
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I now officially HATE the cold!!!!!!! :grumble: It makes me want to cry like a baby! :sad:

Being cold is better than being fat though!!! :bigsmile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Im glad i am not the only one who is getting real cold . I have lost 28.5 pounds and im cold alot !
  • JEMcK
    JEMcK Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone and I guess they should give us myfitnesspal sweat shirts when we lose so much weight now that were always cold! I'm glad there isn't anything wrong with me :)
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm usually always cold. I'd rather be able to put on and take off layers of cold than be stuck being hot and fat all the time.
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    me too :) also, you burn more more calories when your cold than when you're hot :happy:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of always cold people. I hate it. Winter was always my favorite time of year because of the cold. For the first time in my life, I find myself looking forward to the warmth of Summer.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am cold a lot, too, since losing weight. BUT my brother-in-law, who was once a personal trainer, said the coldness could also be a result of low iron.
  • JEMcK
    JEMcK Posts: 9
    Options
    wow just checked my report on iron for the last 30days and it has dropped a ton! I will try and eat more iron and see if I warm up! thanks for the tip.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    i was going to post something about this today! i am cold all the time....especially about an hour after my workouts I am super chilled. Of course the obvious answer is that our protective "fat" is no longer keeping us warm but I wanted to be reassured I wasn't the only one who felt like this too!! good to know we are all "normal" lol....
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am MISERABLY cold all the time. I was rushing through Target the other day because I was totally shivering. I was cold all the time before I lost weight. Now it's just ridiculous!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Happened here. I've always been hot natured until the last couple of months. My wife, who has always been cold natured, thinks it's pretty funny!