Diamonds in the Rough - 7 Week Challenge [Week 2]

Options
[Sorry, this challenge is now full! Please check back at the end of April for Round 2!]

Hello Ladies!

Congratulations on making it to Week 2 of the Diamonds in the Rough Challenge. If you have not sent in your weight, please do! We have had some successes and some stalls this week, but I hear a lot of excitement about the week ahead and I am sure that we will ALL reach our goals!

A warm round of applause for the following WINNING LOSERS:

Janice (jwill10) is down 1 pound!
Kathy (kkmark) is down .5" in her waist and 1" in her thigh!
ElleJay (ellejay221) is down a whopping 3.6 pounds!
Jamaica (karlajamaica)... I'm down 1 pound!

Feeling down because you didn't lose? Don't! It happens to ALL of us. In fact, I received half a dozen messages from Diamonds who didn't lose last week. That was LAST week. Let's make THIS week different!

This week let's focus on getting back on task! We have all experienced the joy of a loss, let's get that joy back this week! Keep shining Diamonds!

***Question of the Day***

What will you do differently this week?

My answer:

I will choose better ways to use my calories. I know that whole oats are filling yet I still reach for the peanut butter... which I regret an hour later when my tummy starts rumbling.

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- Write as much as possible when writing to your buddy and in the forum, we are in this together!
- Please MESSAGE me (karlajamaica) your weight LOSS on or before Monday of each week. Any day is fine.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday. So, look for “Diamonds in the Rough – Week 1” etc. each week.

Keep Shining Diamonds!
Jamaica

Team 1
Khalilah (bballgrrl34) – 11 lbs
Sarah (satojekabe) – 14.4 lbs

Team 2
Jamaica (karlajamaica) – 10 lbs
Trish (Jamgal78) – 14 lbs

Team 3
Erin (erin_weh) – 10.5 lbs
ElleJay (ElleJay221) – 10 lbs

Team 4
Kathy (kkmark) – 10 lbs
Falicia (morefitmom) – 10 lbs

Team 5
Jessica (Lailah28) – 15 lbs
Meri (mavila1978) – 15 lbs

Team 6
Shalon (Shallo) – 10-14 lbs
Emily/Em (Emilyanne6081) – 10-15 lbs

Team 7
Stacy (catsdogsandkids) – 10 lbs
Fifibox - Say hello to our new member!

Team 8
Janice (jwill10) – 14 lbs
Katie (minimagic2700) – 15 lbs

Team 9
Sara (SAWyland) – 10 lbs
Steph (Robes) – 10 lbs

Team 10
Lanette (ladybug1037) – 10-15 lbs
Lyndsey (baypathgrad) – 10 lbs

Team 11
April (GoGettmGirl1419) – 12-15 lbs
Brittany (haydan7707) – 10 lbs

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! To answer the question: This week I will try my hardest to cut my sugar and carbs. I am going to put it out there: I gained 2 lbs last week. I do not want to move in the wrong direction again.

Have a great day DIAMONDS!
  • fifibox
    fifibox Posts: 69
    Options
    Your challenge is going so awesome. I just started one -an 8 week one- and really had no idea what it meant to start one or what to do, but youve just given me heaps of ideas. Thank you :-)
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just what I was looking for. Week 2 here we go!

Congrats to all the biggest losers! Way to go and keep it up!

I hope that I will have a lose, but I know I didn't do my best when it came to eating last week. I when out to eat 3 times and had three-course meals. The food was amazing, but I know it wasn't the best choice.

This week, I will be strong and not give into temptation. I make sure that I am making healthy choices and only eating when actually hungry and not bored.

Good luck diamonds!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Good morning
    Congratulations to all the losers.New week lets all do this

Answer to the questions. Will try to work out 5 days this week for 45 min which i din't get a chance to do last week.

Keep going diamonds.

Kathy
    Breakfast = Breakfats (don't forget to have ur breakfast )
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Falicia (morefitmom) - I am in the same boat. I tend to ALWAYS go over my carbs... that needs to change!
    Khalilah (bballgrrl34) - You went to restaurant week... we can all forgive you!
    Fifbox - WELCOME!
    Kathy - Thank you for reminding us all to break the fast!

Let's go Diamonds!
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This week what will I do differently:
    I will try to not let stress make my food choices for me and work on mindful not mindless eating.
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    This week I am going to add an extra 5 minutes to every cardio workout!!! Feel the BURN:wink:
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This week I am going to try to get more fiber.....and keep my motivation up!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    What will I do different this week?? I will not be on vacation!!! LOL. Actually, this past weekend I bought a bike, and I biked to work today and yesterday. I think I will carpool tomorrow, but plan to get back on the bike on Thursday. At least 3 days a week to start, I don't want to wear myself out too quickly and give up on it, with a mini-goal of being able to easily bike 5 days a week.

Seriously, though, last week I was on vacation, so this week I'm just back to logging everything and back to exercising and eating much better. I'm thinking I may try and go all week with no fast-food. I haven't eaten out since Saturday, last day of my vacation, so I'm off to a good start. :D
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Btw: I LOVE how you did this post! I love the questions you're posing, I love the winning losers listed at the top (makes me want to work hard to get on that list!! And congrats to all those who made the list this week!). This is great! :D
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    ***Diamonds in the Rough Update***

Stacy (catsdogsandkids) had a rough week last week including losing her Diamonds in the Rough Partner. Despite that, she managed to lose 1/2 a pound. Congrats to Stacy! Let's all show her our support this week!

---

Question of the Day!

We have all had to work our way out of a slump--maybe a weight gain, or a night of overeating, or even just those days when you don't have any will to exercise.

What are some techniques you use to help propel yourself forward?

My Answer:

This has always been the biggest issue for me. I will have some weight loss success, but then one night I slip up and then I just give up. I, like everyone, have had a few slips since I started this journey. This time when I slip up I tell EVERYONE about it. I announce it on MFP, I tell my boyfriend, I let it be known. I benefit from the encouragement from others to fight through it. Plus, once I say it out loud it loses some of it's psychological hold on me. When I say out loud, "I ate five slices of pizza last night" I realize that that's ALL I did. I didn't destroy my life... I ate too much pizza, and tomorrow I won't do that again!

By the way, thank you guys for your responses to yesterday's question! I'm going to steal some of your plans for the week for myself! I could definitely stand to increase my fiber intake and add 5 minutes to my cardio routine!
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    Deep breathing helps me refocus those negative thoughts so that I don't get overwhelmed by the feeling of failure. Sometimes I just do crunches and push ups before bed because that's all I could do for that day. There is always tomorrow to do more you just have to do something!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. To propel myself forward, I depend on the motivation of the ladies on MFP (especially my partner Kathy)! MFPs inspire me to do better when I see this person is burning 200 calories doing XXX or this person was under their calorie goal. And then I have a pic of Beyonce that I keep near. I am a pear shape also! LOL
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Good Morning Diamonds! Happy Friday to you all!

REMINDER: Please make sure to send in your weight loss for the week BEFORE MONDAY. I start a new job on Monday, so if you send it in late there is a good chance I won't get to post it on the Week 3 message board.

This weekend I am heading to Atlantic City. I am excited about the trip, but have every intention of sticking to my diet and exercise plan!

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite non-food treat?

My response:

I really enjoy being pampered (who doesn't), so a nice massage or a manicure/pedicure can make my life!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I'd say the encouragement and advice I find on this site is what propels me forward. :D

My favorites non-food treat... candles. The right scented candle just relaxes me so much. When I was working two jobs and going to school I was so stressed out, and sometimes when I would get home late my husband would have put the kids to bed, cleanest up the house, and lit my favorite mulberry candles so I would smell them the second I walked in the door. It was like instant relaxation... knowing my day was done and that he had taken care of everything at home so I wouldn't have to. My house has been stocked full of scented candles since then and they always help me de-stress.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have fun in Atlantic City Karla!!! I saw your blog with the plan. I am sure you will stick to it and have plenty of fun as well.

Hope everyone is doing well and their weigh-ins go well. Good luck! Have a great weekend!
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Favorite non food treat: Couple of days in San Francisco. For as many years as I have visited and even used to live there a lifetime ago, there is always something new to do or explore.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    STOP, DO NOT POST HERE!

This forum is closed! Check out our Week 3 forum here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/202964-diamonds-in-the-rough-7-week-challenge-week-3