How do you log a midnight snack...?

Options
Ok... I'll admit it... I had a late night snack last night... I was going to switch off the slow cooker (I was making soup) and the bag of nuts were just there staring at me... so I grabbed a handful... I never eat right before bed but I did last night... It was a handful tho, not like I got a tub of icecream or anything and stuffed my fae! But it was about 12:30am and I was in bed again 2 mins after....

I was wondering, how do I log it... Does it go in yesterdays (sundays) diary because I didnt sleep yet... or does it go in todays because it was after midnight?Monday morning snack? and I remembered why I dont snack late at night as well...cos I wake up starving in the morning! weird?!?!

Replies

• xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm sure either way is fine. I chose to log everything before I sleep as the same day. Sometimes that means I have to go back a day if it's after midnight to log it correctly. I often don't go to sleep until the early morning hours, so it makes sense for me to just log them in the same day. I would hate to get up to log breakfast and see that I already have less calories to work with that day.
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I work on a midnight-midnight basis, so anything I eat after midnight counts as the new day. That's the way I work but I know others here do things differently. HTH x
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    To each their own, but I personally log it in on that day before I sleep. In fact I'm having a midnight/post-workout snack right now. So, I'll log it in for Sunday. When I wake up is when I acknowledge a new day of calorie intake.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    as i am usually up past midnight most nights, i count anything i eat before i go to sleep as one day, and once i go to bed, it becomes the next day. i don`t think it really matters in the end, i just usually have space for whatever snack i have late night in that days log. i like waking up to a clean empty diary day as well :)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do my days as wake to sleep because I work nights. It really doesn't matter as long as you stay consistent with how you do it.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    honestly i am a snacker and usually my log isn't finished by midnight if i'm still awake so i keep it real and log everything as that day. breakfast starts my next day. thats how i track. unless its 5 am and i'm still drinking (never happens anymore!) :p
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Bump! I was wondering this myself...
  • dixiechicdana
    Options
    I log it as the day before since I haven't gone to bed yet...either or :)
  • arussell53
    arussell53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It ultimately wont matter, but my preference is count sleep as a "new day" since I am up well past midnight.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i would post it as sunday night not monday morning cuz i do what most other people do and anything before bed is that day and after sleep is the next..
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I log my food and count the days as from when I wake up to when I go to bed, even if I go to bed after midnight it would go on the "day before"! We're on a crazy schedule right now and sleep in late and stay up late as well, so it only makes sense to count everything on that one day! Sleep to me counts as 5 or more hours, so if I take a nap and wake up after midnight then that doesn't count because it wasn't a good sleep.
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well I work a third shift, so I log calories all on one day here but are actually spread out via 2 days technically. I believe as long as you are logging calories per 24 hour cycle than you are doing it right.