Diet Drinks

Options
I am absolutely addicted (in my mind) to diet pepsi. Do they hinder your weight loss?

Replies

• loganaw
    loganaw Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    nah. id say they help. i drink one to curb my appetite sometimes.
  • YCARTLEE
    YCARTLEE Posts: 7
    Options
    There is a lot of good information on this topic on the internet. I generally try to stay away from carbonated anything sweetened with artificial sweeteners. I hope this helps a little.

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/diet-soda-makes-you-fat.html
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    meh. I'm sure they're not good for you in a general sense but I'm in a similar situation and still losing. I've actually gained weight when I've tried to quit drinking it because I replaced it with higher caloric drinks.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Im not too fussed abt it to be honest! I love my diet drinks, I average aabout 10 cups of water on top of that so get my fluid intake for the day
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i dont think they hinger your weight loss..but be careful some of those are high in sodium.
  • arussell53
    arussell53 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My personal experience is to not drink them. I LOVE Diet Coke. But, the chemicals released when you drink soda in your brain trigger that "pleasure center" and that's no good (for me).

Also, Diet Soda is a trigger drink for me. It says I am about to have some fast-food, or a sweet treat from the gas station or some pizza. This is no good.

I want to AVOID those feelings as much as possible. Same reason I switch the TV channel when they run a food commercial and I avoid eye contact with fast food restaurants.

When I look at White Castle, I think of White Castle and then I start to CRAVE White Castle. That's no good.

It's better to just not even look in that direction.

So, I guess.. If it works for you, good. It doesn't work for me though =P It makes me crave bad food, and craving bad food is the enemy.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    nah. id say they help. i drink one to curb my appetite sometimes.

They have the opposite affect on me, if I have one it triggers my appetite, and makes me crave sweets.:grumble: