if you could get THE AWESOME COOKIE....

Options
ChefJenn
ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
IF YOU COULD ORDER...

YUMMY, SWEET, TASTY, LOW CALORIE, LOW CARB, LOW FAT, HIGH PROTEIN COOKIES, CAKE AND CUPCAKES WOULD YOU??

AS A CHEF I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 3 WEEKS LOOKING ON RECIPES OF MAKING WHAT USE TO OVER EAT ON INTO HEALTHY BUT STILL SUPER TASTY TREATS.
IF YOU COULD ORDER THEM SAY ONLINE FOR A NICE SHIPPING & PRICE WOULD YOU.

FLAVORS LIKE:
SNICKER DOODLE
ORANGE CHOCOLATE
LEMON
APPLE CRISP
ALMOND BUTTER
SNICKERS
SUGAR COOKIE
CHOCOLATE MINT
COCONUT

WOULD YOU ORDER THEM
KNOW THEY GAVE YOU ATLEAST
5 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER COOKIE
AROUND 50 CALORIES A COOKIE, LESS THAN 10 CARBS AND FAT.. AND A LOWER AMOUNT OF SODIUM THEN MOST SWEETS..
( STILL WORKING ON THAT DANG SODIUM, BAKING IS A REAL SKILL YA KNOW)

GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK AND WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY FOR THEM SAY FOR SHIPPING AND FOR MAYBE 2 DOZEN AT A TIME.

CHEF JENN

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't... but that's because I'd probably make similar at home!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    They would have to be some really good cookies. Something I couldn't re-create at home. I don't even buy GS cookies because I can make the ones I like at home my way.

Plus I like simple and real ingredients. The fewer the better and I'm not sure how well cookies w/o preservatives would ship. It would have to be overnight and shippings not cheap either. I'd focus more on local. People like fast and convienient.
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    They would have to be some really good cookies. Something I couldn't re-create at home. I don't even buy GS cookies because I can make the ones I like at home my way.

Plus I like simple and real ingredients. The fewer the better and I'm not sure how well cookies w/o preservatives would ship. It would have to be overnight and shippings not cheap either. I'd focus more on local. People like fast and convienient.

I think this explains a lot of the drawbacks to your caps lock business plan :( It would be nice to have a local store that sells these magic cookies.... maybe an eventual chain? good luck
  • mattcoop
    mattcoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd choose chocolate mint and especially snicker doodles (love 'em!). I would pay $5 (maybe more depending on the size of the cookie and regular shipping prices. I definitely would buy from someone that makes low fat cookies (that taste good) & especially one that's dedicated to MFP... Wish you luck in developing your recipes! I know it's tough because I develope healthy recipes myself... The restaraunt chains have it so easy because they hardly dedicate much time to healthy cooking. What they call healthy, 50 % or more of the time it still isn't due to salt content or otherwise. Thanks again!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I might! I'm more likely to buy cookies in a single serving size, like two at a time. You could still send more than that and either package them in small serving sizes or I suppose folks could repackage them at home and freeze what they weren't going to eat right away.

I also like the idea that was mentioned below of selling them locally to restaurants or small grocers or Farmer's Markets.

I'd have to think about the price, but I know I have bought an awful lot of boxes of Cliff bars over the years! So I guess I'd be willing to pay in that price range?
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh god....the caps....my eyes!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use caps b/c we all have had a sweet tooth, and I have tested the market in my area and everyone loves my new protein cookies that taste really good , so Im thinking of working with an investor and doing a online ordering system for these cookies.

I know how to package it and get it out there I just needed some price points to roll with.

thanks all jenn
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I use caps b/c we all have had a sweet tooth, and I have tested the market in my area and everyone loves my new protein cookies that taste really good , so Im thinking of working with an investor and doing a online ordering system for these cookies.

I know how to package it and get it out there I just needed some price points to roll with.

thanks all jenn

I think you've got a winning concept there!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This kind of reminds me of You Bars - where you can create your own fresh nutrition bars and then they bake them and mail them to you - they stay good for around 1-2 months depending. They also have sites for creating your own cookies, cereals, granola, protein shakes. You can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you want and you pick all the ingredients, or you can order some of their premade options. They have a great product which I buy a few times a year - so I think if your product is good and well marketed, you could sell them.

http://youbars.com/customcookies

I have made my own protein bars at home and these you bars come out much - better texture and taste, IMO.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This kind of reminds me of You Bars - where you can create your own fresh nutrition bars and then they bake them and mail them to you - they stay good for around 1-2 months depending. They also have sites for creating your own cookies, cereals, granola, protein shakes. You can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you want and you pick all the ingredients, or you can order some of their premade options. They have a great product which I buy a few times a year - so I think if your product is good and well marketed, you could sell them.

http://youbars.com/customcookies

I have made my own protein bars at home and these you bars come out much - better texture and taste, IMO.

Hipster dinosaurs! Awesome.