Dr. Pepper

Options
UGH!!!

I swear it's the death of me.. Chocolate and Dr. Pepper are my addictions.. chocolate I have given up 99% because it is a major factor in my migraines...Dr. Pepper is also another major factor, but while I can almost survive without the chocolate.. I can't do without the caffeine.. I go back and for some days I drink 1 or 2 glasses (which trust me is CUT back ALOT) other days I'm back up to my like 2 liter a day... Some days I can have the tea and water and some days I just really can't stand the thought of either..

I'm a big juice person and that helps but... My stomach will only hand so much juice.. and should I mention...I am PICKY!!!!
to the extreme...

So for everyone with caffeine addictions...what do ya'll drink to compromise or what not

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    starbucks trenta iced coffee with 2 shots

and Monster Absolutely zero's

but ...................... NO SODA
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to Coke Zero. Love the stuff. What I've been doing is making myself drink two full glasses of water every time I want to reach for a Coke. Most of the time I don't feel like the coke after all that water. I'm down from 5-6 cans a day to 2-3, which is huge for me.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    As a Dr. Pepper lover...I feel your pain! I replaced my fix with coffee...and water...and now half caffeine coffee and water! I have one on occasion but its no longer the same...starting to not even taste good!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    So I was OBSESSED with Coke. My bf got me 4 packs of 32 cans, and there were gone so fast, like lightening! I could drink 6 cans per day, if not more.

I did the HARDEST thing ever. I gave it up completely. Cold. Turkey. Just stopped drinking Coke, and switched over to water. That was in mid-January.

At lunch today, Brad got Coke, and I had a sip. OMG, it was sickeningly sweet, I couldn't even drink it.

Moral of the story: While giving it up was hard, I know that it's better for me in the long run, so I stuck with it.

Whether you give up your Dr. Pepper, or just cut back some more, I wish you the best of luck!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cups of home-brewed black coffee every day. 2 calories per cup = 6 calories total. I agree with the other poster. No soda, not even diet. Bad stuff honey.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I gave it up completely. My daily vitamin has a small amount of caffeine so that may have helped some. I crave nothing but water and I know my body is loving me for it and soon I hope to be loving my body back. LOL
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Diet Dr. Pepper??
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    you can lick this dr pepper thing believe me i know i was addicted for oh about 25 years had to have one first thing in the morning to function. my coworkers would go find me one if i didn't have one with me that morning. believe me it wasn't pretty. but i have not had one in 10 months.i got myself down to one 20oz a day by just sipping on it through out the day because i knew it was all i was allowed.when i was comfortable with that i put them down for good. just quit . yes was had but i was determined. and yes occasionally when i see one i could still eat thru the bottle but i don't like to be dependent on anything like that and foot want to go back there so i don't. if i can do this i know you can too! good luck.
  • KaelaFrost
    KaelaFrost Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Diet Dr. Pepper??

yup...and i don't like the diet drinks....a friend of mine lost 50 ish pounds from going from mt dew...to diet mt dew...and I'd rather just drink water if I had the choice.. I'm slowly...or not so slowly depending on the day....guzzling water.....

I do tho thoroughly wish I could exercise some of the dr. pepper out....but with a knee down with an ACl that was twiked last week and the other being swollen cause it's pulling most of the weight atm.. I am lucky to make it to the kitchen most days....tho I'm going to grit my teeth and exercise tomorrow......I was a major athlete in high school.. I know how bad working through injuries can be...but I can not sit here anymore.. Or I will lost the habit and want to get up and do it
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to Dr. Pepper! I gave it up for lent, and I miss it like crazy.

I've been drinking a coffee or tea every day to keep the caffeine headaches away, and water the rest of the time.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am drinking diet Dr Pepper cherry vanilla right now :wink: So glad I have it because I am done with my calories for the day and still hungry!! It is so good though, remember the chocolate cherry flavor??
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    diet pepsi, used to drink it by the liters, but after getting one hell of a nasty kidney infection i totally went off of it for about 6 months, was terrified of it almost. but slowly i got back to drinking it, cept now its one every 2 or 3 days instead 7 or 8 a day.
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    Options
    drink coffee. it has amino acids that are good for weight lose and also helps prevent the headaches
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Make this one of your rules you have to drink 2 glasses of water before you drink one of dr pepper each time you go to drink the dr pepper drink the water first be honest with yourself make sure you follow through you will find that your so full from the water that you wont want as much dr pepper. Then try cutting it back to 2/3rd of a glass then a half till you arent drinking it anymore and drinking water instead. I was a heavy diet pepsi drinker but now mostly drink water and tea
  • KaelaFrost
    Options
    Make this one of your rules you have to drink 2 glasses of water before you drink one of dr pepper each time you go to drink the dr pepper drink the water first be honest with yourself make sure you follow through you will find that your so full from the water that you wont want as much dr pepper. Then try cutting it back to 2/3rd of a glass then a half till you arent drinking it anymore and drinking water instead. I was a heavy diet pepsi drinker but now mostly drink water and tea

Thanks I might should try this.. how i manage to fit in my water and all my dr. pepper without exploding beats me lol
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So how you doing with the dr pepper take down lol
  • KaelaFrost
    Options
    So how you doing with the dr pepper take down lol

As of the 27 @ 3am...and it's now the 28th at 5:20 am

I've had ONE glass of dr pepper and One glass of sprite! had an upset tummy and the bf rather poured the sprite down my throat lol

Other then that I've been mainly drinking water and water and water and some apple juice
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee addict - that's how I get my caffeine. I used to drink > 20 a day, now I have around 3 because my doctor told me to cut down... hmm wise probably

I've just given up Diet Pepsi cold turkey and replaced it with water. I haven't lost the cravings yet, but I'm told eventually I won't want any anymore.

Now I'm on minimal caffeine.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I rarely if ever drink Soda pop as i can't deal with the fact that a 12 oz can has roughly 13 teaspoons of sugar in it. I usually drink 1 can or less a week as my main liquids are about 2-3 cups of coffee a day, water, Gatorade G2 and a few beers on the weekend. Drinking diet is a bad idea and not the solution . If you don't like water you should try that new 0 cal drink additive called MiO. If you can get it. I like it.

http://www.facebook.com/MiO
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You know to be honest I just got real with myself about everything in my diet and realized that Dr. Pepper had to be the FIRST thing to go. I really only make one change at a time, and that was the first one. I started drinking lots of tea, at first with sugar in it, and then gradually reducing the amount of sugar until I could drink it unsweet, and then gradually drinking less tea. I started the process at the end of July and I would say that by November or December I was in control and not struggling with caffeine head aches. I moved in January and I would say it has been two and a half months now since I drank anything but water and the occasional grape juice (100% juice, no sugar added).

I know some people can do it cold turkey, but personally I had tried going cold turkey before and it just didn't stick. This is totally doable and I can honestly say that it never occurs to me to drink soft drinks any more, and it has been 8 months since I last had one.

I LOVED Dr. Pepper, but I just realized that Dr. Pepper didn't love me or the person I wanted to be, so I kicked him to the curb!