hiya :) in need of some tips

Options
hiya my name is laura and i weigh 154lb but i am aiming to get to about 130 125 lb. I have been doing this for a few weeks now i started at 164lb but im stuck in a rut im not loosing inches, im sticking to my calories but i admit i dont exercise enough unless you count running after two kids. Im getting married in a few months and would love to look slim instead of being the big girl !!!!

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    make sure your drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. Make sure your getting lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Choose lean meats and try and get lots of fish (if you like it). Watch your sodium and fat intake. Id say try and get a little exercise in,even if its a walk every other day-maybe take the kids to the park?
    Good luck on your journey!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Oh and ps,as far as loosing inches go you need some strength training for that. Try getting a set of 5 pound weights for your arms and doing things likes squats,lunges and planks for your lower body.
    Even 15 minutes in the evening will help/
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    you sometimes have to trick your body as it gets used to what your doing then stays the same! try different healthy foods. what sorts of foods u eating? are they all fresh as this helps if everythings cooked from scratch no process food...also always make sure u drienking enought water 8 glasses a day. try to exersise at least every other day and make sure u get ur heart racing when u do its such a grt feel with release of endorthines (cant spell) u'll feel grt and it will do u world of wonders!
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat my biggest meal at breakfast and just have a yogurt and 10g of nuts for dinner. If I am famished I might have a snack before bed but most of the time I'm good. I think eating lite later in the day is helping me. I know I should be out and do some exercising but it seems like such a huge task and the weather has sucked. I have been doing 20 squats while I am at the sink. I am feeling it too so I know it's working.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you opened up your diary, we could make more targeted suggestions.

With only 20 pounds to lose, you should probably have your goals set to 1lb loss per week.

It does help to get exercise in, even if it's DVDs done in your living room or exercise programs in the On Demand section from your cable service.

Most women are not eating enough protein, so aim for half your body weight in protein grams. Not only is that better for you, it will help to keep you full longer.

Make sure you accurately measure and log everything. IF you don't have a kitchen scale yet., it's worth the investment as your logging will be much more accurate.
  • peachmk2
    peachmk2 Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks im trying to drink more water i was only drinking about 6 cups of water so will aim for 8. i eat alot of chicken, stirfrys and things like that. i also dont eat after 6 o'clock i heard that would help but i dont know if it is helping either i will defo try to get some more excersise in and will try to eat more fresh and get some more fruit as well but will you know how it all goes and if i loose anymore :)