low fat lunch? something using eggs?

Options
Im hungry, want to have some lunch.. and fancy eggs! any ideas? max 400 caleries!

Replies

• tummymummy
    Options
    If Im short on calories then I go for egg white omlette with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and onion - yummy and v low calories :)
  • shahneeking
    Options
    I really dislike omlete!!!!!!!! :( thanks anyway! xoxo
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I had scrambled egg x 2 (with little skimmed milk) and 2 brown bread for breakie and enjoyed it,
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    egg salad with fat free mayo and mainly egg whites?
    then of course, chopped up pickles, onions, celery, paprika, salt, pepper, maybe a few sliced green olives?
    or deviled eggs
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hard boil your eggs, mix with a little mayo (yes, you can have a little), and put it on a slice of toast (plain). Eat with a fork, as one slice of bread isn't going to hold two eggs. That should bring you just under 400 calories if you use a little mayo (90 calories per egg, around 100 calories for a slice of bread, and a little mayo). Pepper it if you need more flavor, or add diced celery for crunch.

I'd suggest regular mayo, but a small amount, as it has good fats that will satisfy you and less sugar than a light mayo.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Poached eggs are fancy eggs. Skip the hollandaise, and go for salsa or pico de gallo instead.

Edited to add: Eat them with steamed veggies for a simple, fancy meal.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    egg salad with fat free mayo and mainly egg whites?
    then of course, chopped up pickles, onions, celery, paprika, salt, pepper, maybe a few sliced green olives?
    or deviled eggs

This is what I do...egg salad with mostly egg whites (I throw in say one yolk for 6 whites). I use sugar free relish, chopped onions, fat free mayo (Hellman's), paprika, and grey poupon (<<<most important ingredient). Usually I just eat it in a big bowl but you could use a sandwich thin or a slice of bread and do an open faced sandwich.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like one whole egg and say three whites scrambled with bacon bits (real ones) then a dab of lite sour cream and salsa. Tex Mex eggs.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    2 large eggs.... 120 calories..
    half cup chopped baby spinach.... 4 calories
    2 tbsp of red pepper.... 2 calories
    presidents choice yellow potatoes two potatoes .... about 45 calories
    a slice of american cheese...40 calories
    and about a splash of milk... depending on your preference of milk...
    and 1 tbsp of i can't believe its not butter for the pan to cook the omelet in 70 calories

alltogether it should equal less than 400 probably closer to 300 depending on what milk and how much you use .... and if you add in onion or something. its so good tho. and if you want you can just scramble them and do it that way. don't have to make it an omelet.

i like to add in a lil gringo bandito hotsauce to spice it up a lil too cuz its amazing and that has no calories in it so win. :drinker:
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (keep, say, only half the yolks) mashed with a little mayo and some chives wrapped in a small whole wheat tortilla. I love to complete with dill pickles and home made cold slaw salad.