Plateau after one week?!

Options
Hey guys

So i just hit 2 weeks with MFP. The first week was fantastic. I dropped 5 pounds right off the bat. The second week, I started with more strength training instead of just cardio like I was doing week one. At my two week weigh-in, I haven't lost anything! Not even an ounce! My body has changed and I've actually dropped a couple inches though. Is it normal for the weight loss to stop so suddenly when starting strength training? I know my body will start building muscle, I just didn't think it would happen fast enough to cancel out the fat I'm burning. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• Determined120509
    Options
    Same thing happened to me...well is still happening to me. I have been at the same weight for a month now. I am going to try to zig zag my calories this week to see if that helps! good luck to you :)
  • Smurph241
    Smurph241 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hiya, yes that can and does happen!! I know when strength training you should not weigh your self for 48 hours as it makes your muscles denser!

Keep it up you will get there and 5lb loss in first week is great!!! let this weeks weigh in go and see how the next week goes, if plateaus again look at the diet. Is it possibly too high in salt or are you eating Carbs late at night which definitely makes me heavier!! lol

Good Luck
  • ferewyni
    ferewyni Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I lost 15lbs in two week ,since then even I Increase my walk distance from 3 mile to 4.5 mile but I did't see any cahnge my weight BUT I see change on my clothes that is a good thing WE ARE NOT GIVE UP KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DOING !!
    GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF AS.
  • ferewyni
    Options
    Yes, I lost 15lbs in two week ,since then even I Increase my walk distance from 3 mile to 4.5 mile but I did't see any cahnge my weight BUT I see change on my clothes that is a good thing WE ARE NOT GIVE UP KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DOING !!
    GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF AS.
  • ferewyni
    Options
    I am kind of give-up I a plateau for over 5 weeks I don't know what to do ,please help if you have any suggestion or Idea??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Hey guys

So i just hit 2 weeks with MFP. The first week was fantastic. I dropped 5 pounds right off the bat. The second week, I started with more strength training instead of just cardio like I was doing week one. At my two week weigh-in, I haven't lost anything! Not even an ounce! My body has changed and I've actually dropped a couple inches though. Is it normal for the weight loss to stop so suddenly when starting strength training? I know my body will start building muscle, I just didn't think it would happen fast enough to cancel out the fat I'm burning. Anyone else experience this?
    You're not building muscle. You're just retaining more water and glycogen. This is normal. It's almost impossible to build muscle on a calorie deficit program.