pilates

Options
Hoping that someone knows of a pilates dvd for beginer. physo has advised this as having problems with constant pain in hips and legs that they think is due to problems with my pelvis. Until this is sorted i have to stay away from gym.

Replies

• banannie12
    Options
    Hoping that someone knows of a pilates dvd for beginer. physo has advised this as having problems with constant pain in hips and legs that they think is due to problems with my pelvis. Until this is sorted i have to stay away from gym.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I rent DVD from net flix. I have Pilates for 40+ and love it.
  • monica5237
    Options

I don't know the name of mine but I got it off of amozon and it is great it said for beginners on the front you can look at amazon.com and see what they have

I love mine
  • banannie12
    Options
    Thanks i will have a look on the internet and see if i can buy this.
  • banannie12
    Options
    Thanks i will have a look.
  • bethany169
    Options
    Also, not sure if they all do this, but our digital cable has a fitness on-demand channel that always has a couple good pilates classes on it.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Winsor Pilates is a good one for beginners. I bought a 3 disc dvd set about 6 years ago and still like poppin' it in every now and then. I lent out the beginner dvd to someone.....never got it back:ohwell:
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Ana Caban for beginners is great and MTV pilates is good too.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use the winsor pilates. Even the advanced workout has one lady doing the modified version. It's really great!
  • theresamasucci
    theresamasucci Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    windsor pilates is good. it has the basic and the 20 minute workout and then the accelerated body sculpting.
  • banannie12
    Options
    Thanks to everyone replied you have all gave me lots of options and think i will go down the dvd route as have checked out my cable tv and Scotland does not seem to get the same programs as the USA.
  • deflating_girl
    Options
    Yes I have used the Windsor as well . It is good.

:flowerforyou:
  • mwatanabe
    mwatanabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been using the netflix online fitness section and they have a decent amount of pilates videos on there that you can watch on the internet.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I did windsor pilates for a long time and LOVED it. my sister hurt her back and I gave her my DVDs, now she is addicted!
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Stott Pilates isgreat too. they have a website and a lot of different DVDs.
    also try taking a class at your local rec-centre. i just finished a 10 week course, and loved it.
    once you pay for it, you are held accountable to show up, that really helped me with motivation too.