Hey there....

Options
So this is my first day with this....anyone know of healthy, fast and yummy treats to go. I am at work 6 hours a day and usually skip breakfast and don't eat while there. So by the time I get home I am seriously starved! So any suggestions on filling breakfasts or anything I can take with me for the day?
Thanks and good luck to everyone!:smile:

Replies

• angelica1983
    Options
    So this is my first day with this....anyone know of healthy, fast and yummy treats to go. I am at work 6 hours a day and usually skip breakfast and don't eat while there. So by the time I get home I am seriously starved! So any suggestions on filling breakfasts or anything I can take with me for the day?
    Thanks and good luck to everyone!:smile:
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I vote for veggies and fresh fruit. lots of 100 calorie pack items out there, some better than others. Weight watchers has cheese sticks and some great choice items. And nuts are great for protein.

I always do my portion sizes and meals at night for the next day. make breakfast a priority, if you're going to miss a meal you should make your later in the day one less or make it a snack size. It's hard to swtich I know!! But it's doable.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND WELCOME!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options
    i stop every morning on my way to work and get me a iced tea Unsweet and i get my special k bar or i have a fiber one bar. (cheaper if you buy a box and keep at home or in the car or at your desk) that is what i do keep it at my desk.

lunch eat veggies crisp ones and i like popcorn it is not that bad on calories. and if you get hungery during the day drink lots of water it will fill you and your body tricks your mind you just need water when you get hunger pains so try drinking water and if that makes you feel better it is not hunger
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!:flowerforyou:

Find some breakfast bars or protein bars that fit into your calorie allotment for the day. Bananas are great too, filling and nutritious, and paired with a cup of milk would give you a decent breakfast with around 200-250 calories (depending on your milk).

I current have a morning breakfast of toast (one slice of Sara Lee's 45 calories wheat bread) with cream cheese (Philadelphia reduced fat veggie cream cheese, 2 tbsp) and my coffee (which has lots of creamer so is a big expenditure at 124 calories). The coffee helps curb my appetite and the cream cheese toast fills my belly for a few hours. I use to have a bagel, but discovered I could shave off a few extra calories with toast instead.

I think the key is to find something you can eat for breakfast, and even on break at work, that is quick and easy, but still filling and healthy (or at least healthy-ish, meaning no chips :laugh: ), while being something you can carry with you that fits into your lifestyle and daily routine. Look around a bit, try a couple different foods. Something will click one day and you'll know it's the perfect choice for you.
  • angelica1983
    Options
    AWW...thanks guys. Good and simple ideas was surely what I was hoping for!! I have yet to try the Fiber One bars but everyone says they are yummy. I'm gonna stock up on fruit and 100 calorie packs too. Congrats to to you all....that weight loss meter is moving for all of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I vote for veggies and fresh fruit. lots of 100 calorie pack items out there, some better than others. Weight watchers has cheese sticks and some great choice items. And nuts are great for protein.

I always do my portion sizes and meals at night for the next day. make breakfast a priority, if you're going to miss a meal you should make your later in the day one less or make it a snack size. It's hard to swtich I know!! But it's doable.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND WELCOME!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Ooooooh, I didn't think about string cheese for brekkie!!! YUMMY!!!