Alli (Orlistat 60mg )

Options
Has anyone tried Alli tablets? And are the side effects as bad as some reviews say? The active ingredient is Orlistat 60mg. Any suggestion on which diet aid I could use will be very appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use Aceri berry as its cheaper than Alli.
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As I've said on a previous Orlistat thread, NEVER trust a fart :) lol
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have used Alli. It does work I lost 10 with the 60 capsule bottle. If you do not use it just right you will have messed up poop. You can send me a message and I can give more info if you want.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would definately not invest in this. I did 3 years ago, and all the side effect are very true.... I would say no.
    Get yourself in the mind set, and do it the regular way.

Those pills are not worth it. Specially because of the intense gastrointestinal issues that come w/ it!
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options

:laugh: very true! Can work though but you only really need to take it if you're having a fair amount of fat in your diet anyway. If you're eating a balanced diet I think you probably wouldn't need it. I'm not an expert though but I have tried it for a while. I did better just eating right and exercising to be honest, at least with that you're forming good habits without the nasty side effects of the tablet!!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options

And for this reason is why I will not use it again. ;-) Seriously...trust nothing.

I have found that I am more successful with logging and maintenance with overwhelming support that I have from home and from here at MFP then I ever was with swallowing a pill.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    There's no 'magic bullet' to weight loss!

You'd be better off saving your money and making changes in your eating plan.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I tried them and I didnt have any side effects and lose weight. It's different for everyone tho!t It's very important you follow what it tells you - you cant eat anything over a certain g of fat, or you will suffer. For me this was great motivation though coz knowing what would happen stopped me from eating those high in fat foods :o)
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been using it for about 4 weeks and it's been rather helpful!
    I was reluctant to use it even thought i purchased a two months supply about 4 months ago. I heard so many nightmare stories!
    A couple of things I will suggest though: your stomach takes about a week to adjust to Alli, so dont take a pill in the first week if you're out of the house! Test it first! And do make sure you follow the directions!
    Eating fruit and veg all day and taking Alli is a waste. It passes out about 1/3 of the fat you eat, so if you havn't eaten any fat - its a complete waste of a pill. I would eat all bran with milk and dried fruit and take an alli pill with 3 brazil nuts on the side, you get the goodness from the milk and brazil nuts but half the fat :bigsmile:
    Then at dinner I would have chicken or fish and take an alli pill - making these meats even leaner!!!
    Also a couple of times Alli has really come in handy, when i was on holiday last week, i slipped of the rails and ordered pub foods such as burgers and one day sticky ribs. I would feel so rubbish with myself for failing my diet and the guilt would start to set in - so what do i do!? Rush home, take an alli pill and sit on the loo! Obviously this still isnt great because I still absorbed 2/3 of the fat and i should learn not to slip, but when weekness strikes atleast i have an answer, and it could have been much worse!
    Alli is a good aid but it shouldnt be used irrisponsibly, heres where i bought i from, its defo the cheapest http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=90&catalogId=1008&langId=-1&searchTerm=alli
    Best of luck! :drinker:
    Sophie xx
  • ladyshills
    Options
    The effects from taking it, if you plan to eat high fat foods (example pizza) are enough to make you decide to either not take it, or to not eat pizza!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have used Alli. It does work I lost 10 with the 60 capsule bottle.

You can accomplish this without Alli too if you just eat whole grains, lean protein, good fats and fiber. I assume 60 capsules is a 2 month supply, I have dropped nearly 40 lbs without Alli. This is not an attack, just be aware that you eating habits have a HUGE impact. If you do not plan on taking Alli for the rest of your life, don't do it now. Do this the right way without things that have horrid side effects.
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I take it everyday...helps. Only once have I had an issue....pizza! UGH! Never again! LOL! If I keep my fat grams under 10 per meal I have no issues. Helps keep me in check...not just watching calories (we all know how something low in calories can be high in fat) but my fat intake as well...if I go over 10 grams I know I will pay for it...pretty soon after eating...lol! Possibly TMI here, but NEVER had an accident ANYWHERE...if I feel "a fart" coming on I try to find a bathroom just in case...lol! 9 outta 10 times it is just "a fart"....especially if I've kept my fat in check. Took them once before without counting calories (pizza catastrophe), and lost 18 lbs in a month. This go round while watching my calories, I've lost almost 20 in a month. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just thought I'd share my story and hope it helps.
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Alli did nothing for me! I could not even tell I took the stuff! ( I am fixing to start " The New Beverly Hills Diet" Got the book this weekend, It sounds fabulous! Look it up , or google it and read all the reviews, They are a few bad reviews but most are very promising! I can't wait! I am very excited! You just have to follow a strict diet for 35 days, And it is mostly fruit! :flowerforyou:
    Has anyone tried Alli tablets? And are the side effects as bad as some reviews say? The active ingredient is Orlistat 60mg. Any suggestion on which diet aid I could use will be very appreciated! :smile:
  • shdvl2002
    Options
    Alli gave me a terrible headache when I took it......
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    | used it for about 3 months. If you use it properly then you dont have the bad side effects. I used to get stomach cramps but nothing else. I realised though that by sticking to it I was going to lose weight anyway so I decided to save my money.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    i had it on prescription for about 5 months at 120mg, i lost weight, and had no side effects, having said that, i'm maintaining that loss without it now, and also have no side affects, i think in the long run, its not an easy way out, just an additional tool.
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    LOL I second this!
  • smokysophie
    Options
    I've been taking Alli for about 3 months now and have lost over 12 pounds... Working out and eating right alone didn't work for me... Just started experiencing side effects now that I am on vacation. I know it works for me, but I also know that I am over doing the fat grams because I must eat out a lot and that is probably why i am seeing these side effects now. Hopefully it will pass... Haha... I am hoping... Will try to keep you posted.