There are so many ARGHHHHHHH!

Options
Hi every1, I am new here this has been my 1st week. I have been reading up on the forums about all the different exercise plans... 30 day shread was brought up and awful lot so i am on day 3 of that now however, i am trying to gather a collection of many other fitness plans so i can try them and alternate them, just mix it up to prevent me getting bored as i have done so many times before. I am not a home shopping channel fan and the UK advertising for fitness seems to be somewhat.. no existent after January. So Could i please pick your brains for recommendations, Intensity, cardio only, strength, toning.. none of this matters all suggestions welcome. Thus far i have several waiting to go they are... beachbody brazil butt lift, turbo jam, turbo fire and insanity. P90x in full, chalean extreme, zumba, tae bo, hip hop abs, carmen electra fit to strip, jillian michaels 30 day shread, burn fat boost metabolism.. Wow thats a good list when i type it up i cant imagine there being many i have missed out! Also opinions on orilstat would be appreciated. Dont want much do i! LOL I have taken GP strength orilstat and did lose weight however i was reluctant to carry on with it as it wasn't really helping me to learn what i was eating however coupled with this site it might be a bit more worth while. I am unsure.. thanks for reading i think you guys are fab xxx

Replies

• MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi every1, I am new here this has been my 1st week. I have been reading up on the forums about all the different exercise plans... 30 day shread was brought up and awful lot so i am on day 3 of that now however, i am trying to gather a collection of many other fitness plans so i can try them and alternate them, just mix it up to prevent me getting bored as i have done so many times before. I am not a home shopping channel fan and the UK advertising for fitness seems to be somewhat.. no existent after January. So Could i please pick your brains for recommendations, Intensity, cardio only, strength, toning.. none of this matters all suggestions welcome. Thus far i have several waiting to go they are... beachbody brazil butt lift, turbo jam, turbo fire and insanity. P90x in full, chalean extreme, zumba, tae bo, hip hop abs, carmen electra fit to strip, jillian michaels 30 day shread, burn fat boost metabolism.. Wow thats a good list when i type it up i cant imagine there being many i have missed out! Also opinions on orilstat would be appreciated. Dont want much do i! LOL I have taken GP strength orilstat and did lose weight however i was reluctant to carry on with it as it wasn't really helping me to learn what i was eating however coupled with this site it might be a bit more worth while. I am unsure.. thanks for reading i think you guys are fab xxx

I can recommend P90X, I am doing it right now and LOVE it even though I am so sore I walk like a little old lady.:laugh: It is a good kind of pain, some days are easier than others in the program, but they all give me a great calorie burn.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about P90X, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. I can't exercise yet, waiting to be cleared from my doctor since I just had my son via csection almost 6 weeks ago. I am looking forward to starting though so I can lose this weight! Good luck on whatever you choose!
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Heard great things about all of those, just too cheap to buy the products. I'm sticking to it old school though. Good 30 min cardio workout, and then 30 mins of weight lifting. Once I hit a wall, I'll figure out a way to change it up. Good luck to you though. Sending ya a friend request.

God Bless
  • smithda86
    smithda86 Posts: 10
    Options
    Personally I think most of the marketed fitness plans aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Use common sense to lose the weight. Use your myfitnesspal to maintain your calorie deficit each day and be patient, the pounds will go away in time. Aim for 1kg of weight loss a week.

Regular cardio is obviously good to get for your health but diet is much more effective for losing weight than exercise. For example, how much exercise does it take to exercise off a hamburger? A lot. Much easier to replace the calories with something lighter.

Just stick to the nutritional plan and you will get the results. A lot of these marketed fitness plans are simply flavour of the month. Not saying they don't work necessarily but you certainly don't need to follow someone else's regime, just find what works for you.
  • Wwbradl
    Wwbradl Posts: 4
    Options
    I've seen great results with P90X. I got bored with 30 day shred, I didn't like doing the same workout everyday, although they were intense. P90X lets you do a different workout everyday and then you even change the schedule every few weeks. I will warn you that a lot of people hate Tony, I don't mind him personally, but I'm pretty laid back.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing P90X for a week, and i'm already bored! This is my third time trying to get with it and push play....

With that said it really is a good work out! I'm sore in certain areas i didn't even know i had muscles in !
    But i'm just a cardio lover, i love music and jumping and dancing....and getting my heart rate up there. I think that's why i get bored with the p90x. My HR is'nt getting in my high end 160-170, it hangs in the 140s'. Not sure if I'll continue to follow the program to a "T".
    Especially the days that you need 1hour and 30 min of time to do the dvds. I'm a mom of four so i can hardly squeeze in time in the bathroom alone let alone a work out that long!

If you have the time and patience it REALLY IS A GOOD PROGRAM.

I also have Zumba, this i LOVE! it gets my heart rate going and i burn more calories during this work out then the p90x ones.
    Plus my kids don't mind hanging out watching me do this one as much as having Tony Horton in the back round...lol...

I have also herd many good things about the 30 day shred. Its nice that its so cheep too!! ( under 10$$)

and last but not least, I have talked hubby into getting me TURBO FIRE for our anniversary :) I think this will be along the lines of move move move since it its a HIIT work out after all! Just seems more along the lines of fun to me.

Well good luck :)