For all the tea drinkers out there....

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
My name's Kate and I'm a tea-aholic!:drinker: Yes, I drink on average 8 + cups a day, I can't get enough! So I was happy to see this atricle in the paper today.
(And yes I do count my milk calories:wink: )
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1370539/A-cup-tea-good-water-study-suggests.html

Replies

• LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Time for a brew !
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • aki42
    aki42 Posts: 7
    Options
    Love tea as well! I can drink up to 4 or 5 mugs everyday (except weekends) My favourites are green, mint and jasmine tea. Also, I've been dying for some Japanese toasted green tea since I visited the country in 2009, but it's so expensive here! :(
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Well well well...thanks for that Kate. Brilliant. I've been limiting myself to 4 cups a day and to drink more water. Not fussy on water. Now i'm of to put the kettle on. :)

Lisa
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Kate that is great news x
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think I'll wait to believe this until they do a study of more than 21 volunteers. :indifferent:

I drink only black coffee, unsweetened tea and water and I can tell you from personal experience that the tea and coffee make me more thirsty and dehydrated than when I'm drinking mostly water. :drinker:

Not to mention that they served the water warm (yuck) and allowed milk in the tea?? Doesn't really sound like a fair trial to me. But I'm not an expert, this is only my opinion so please don't run home and tell people I was giving medical advice. :tongue:

*This will become the next great egg debate...it's bad, it's good, it's bad, it's good! We just can't win and nobody really knows for sure. :huh:

@Lisa...I don't know why but the phrase "put a kettle on" always makes me smile! Sounds so homey and domestic! :wink:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I love tea, but mine's a little different. Living in the Southern United States, we have Sweet Iced Tea. Depending on who you get it from it can be very sweet. Love it, but I've changed how I make mine to where I put hardly any sugar in it. Got have the Southern Sweet Iced Tea... There is no giving that up...
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    yay! :)
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    hi my names shelly and im addicted to tea lol x yes please lol x
  • NettieGirl4ever
    NettieGirl4ever Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love tea, but mine's a little different. Living in the Southern United States, we have Sweet Iced Tea. Depending on who you get it from it can be very sweet. Love it, but I've changed how I make mine to where I put hardly any sugar in it. Got have the Southern Sweet Iced Tea... There is no giving that up...
    Another 'Southerner' here...and I've been missing my sweet-iced-tea!!! Honestly, I've found giving it up completely better than trying to get used to it with less sugar:ohwell:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Another 'Southerner' here...and I've been missing my sweet-iced-tea!!! Honestly, I've found giving it up completely better than trying to get used to it with less sugar:ohwell:

I thought the same thing, but I gradually stepped down the sugar over a few months so I grew use to it with less sugar... Try that it works.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    YAY! I count my 16oz of green tea i drink every morning as my water intake...