stomach issues ?

Options
I started my life style change February 9th and have lost 15 lbs so far. I am really good with my caloric intake and eating healthy during the week and give myself Saturdays to have something that I normally wouldnt eat, like a hamburger.
Yesterday I did stay within my designated calorie range but that did include some sweets. I haven't had any sweets for months and this morning I am having horrible stomach cramps.
Can it be from the sweets? If so I won't be doing that again.

Replies

• awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am in no way an expert in this area, BUT that being said, we do not eat butter or many fats in our house because my husband has gallbladder issues. Last week, I broke down and had toast with butter and had stomach issues for the entire afternoon and evening. On Saturday, I treated myself to movie popcorn (with no butter, but still not what I normally eat) and had an upset stomach the next day, I know you should treat yourself every once in a while, but I have to be very careful with I choose as a treat because my body doesnt handle surprises well! :flowerforyou:
  • Wendy72
    Wendy72 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes it can. I myself eat good foods and when I let myself have a treat, I usually end up with the same problem. Once our bodies get used to eating "good" foods you will notice when you eat the bad stuff, everything gets out of whack.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have the same problem when I eat too many processed foods! Makes it hard to believe that I ate so much processed food regularly before. I feel so much better eating healthy food :smile:
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happens to me, too!! It's a good incentive to stay away from it. But sometimes it's worth a little bit of it. Just for a small treat every once in a while when I'm truly craving something. :)