stuck

Options
So frustrated, I lost for the first month but have been stuck at the same weight for over two weeks. I am in deficit almost daily and have been using weights and cardio to help everything along.

I hate being stuck

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you are doing with the Weight and Cardio sounds like you need to switch things up. Either try a different workout, up the intesity anything. Our bodies get used to whatever we are doing over a period of time.

Plus depending on how far under your calories you are you need to make sure you are eating them. Food kick starts the metabolism. Making a few minor changes may just be what you need.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exersise calories ? Are you drinking enough water? getting enough sleep?

You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel! I have been stuck for 2 weeks and I also do cardio and weights.....BUT... what you need to remember, is that when you life weights, it creates micro tears in your muscles. Your body then retains water in order to aid in recovery and protection of those muscle fibers. When your muscles get used to that type of workout a little more, your body will release that water and it will be expelled. I was stuck up until saturday, when 5lbs came off the scale! The entire time I was stuck, my clothes were fitting better and I was seeing changes in my body, but still got discouraged by the scale.... even though I knew what was happening. Don't give up, though! If you don't give the scale a reason to stay that way, it won't have any other option, but to come down. I'd rather have smaller pants and the same number on the scale, than to have a smaller number on the scale and the same size pants. : ) I hope this helps!
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and all of my friends told me to get rid of the scale for a few weeks. I did and it helped.....it didnt matter to me what it said as long as I knew I was doing EVERYTHING right. I was building alot of muscle and that was the problem but after those few weeks I started moving right along again. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • seniorzapit
    Options
    thanks for the support guys!