Acai Berry Everywhere!!!

Options
renae5
renae5 Posts: 393 Member
OK, I am a firm believer that I am over-weight because I chose to stop doing the things I needed to do to stay healty, like eating healthy and excersizing. My question is I am seeing the Acai Berry products EVERYHERE, on this site as well as on every other piece of junk mail I get in my email account :grumble: . Has anyone tried it? Or is anyone currently using either the Acai or one of the "total cleanse" systems? Has anyone had any amazing results? Or better yet, can anyone say that these products definitely DON'T have any benefit. Just curious. Over 30 and 3 children :sad: has really bunked the metabolism and I know, I know -- eat less and move more is the real answer -- wouldn't it be nice if there really was a "miracle" in a bottle!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• renae5
    Options
    OK, I am a firm believer that I am over-weight because I chose to stop doing the things I needed to do to stay healty, like eating healthy and excersizing. My question is I am seeing the Acai Berry products EVERYHERE, on this site as well as on every other piece of junk mail I get in my email account :grumble: . Has anyone tried it? Or is anyone currently using either the Acai or one of the "total cleanse" systems? Has anyone had any amazing results? Or better yet, can anyone say that these products definitely DON'T have any benefit. Just curious. Over 30 and 3 children :sad: has really bunked the metabolism and I know, I know -- eat less and move more is the real answer -- wouldn't it be nice if there really was a "miracle" in a bottle!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!

Acai Berries are supposed to be really good for you. I have tried Acai Berry in a organic mixed juice form and it's very good. I have a bottle a friend gave me of pure Acai Berry extract/juice that I haven't tried yet so I don't know if the Acai Berry juice by it's self is "good tasting". However, I did notice a difference in energy when I drank the mix and didn't make the connection until a co-worker mention how active I was. I hope this helps you out:smile:
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    Imagination is the miracle drug for weight loss :laugh: I'm a size 5 in my imagination :tongue: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love acai berry, I usually pick it up in the acai berry V8 fusion, I wouldn't say it is a miracle, but it tastes good and is supposed to be an excellent cleanser, I personally think it is a good start for a frozen fruit smoothie. Yum Yum:drinker:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I also see it everywhere. Its all over my my space page as a add. I would love to know more also.:drinker:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What are the Chief Health Benefits that have made Acai Berry Famous?

* Boosts energy levels
    * Improves digestive function
    * Improves mental clarity/focus
    * Promotes sound sleep
    * Provides all vital vitamins
    * Contains several important minerals
    * Is an extremely powerful free radical fighter
    * Acai has very high levels of fibers
    * Cleanses and Detoxifies the body of infectious toxins
    * Strengthens your immune system
    * Enhances sexual desire and performance
    * Fights cancerous cells
    * Slows down the aging process
    * Promotes healthier and younger-looking skin
    * Alleviates diabetes
    * Normalizes and regulates cholesterol levels
    * Helps maintain healthy heart function
    * Minimizes inflammation
    * Improves circulation
    * Prevents artherosclerosis
    * Enhances visual acuity

Ok this is what I found in a fast look up about it.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!! I am unfortunately one of those people who got scammed. I got a free trial of acai berry and all I paid was the shipping. I did my free trial and saw no results so I thought nothing else of it until two weeks later when the same company charged $80 dollars to my credit card. I called my bank becuase I didn't even know who the charge was from and they gave me the number. Needless to say I called them and totally went off. I was really upset. She said a shipment was on it's way and when it arrived just return it by oct 17. So I go to ups earlier this week to send it back and I wanted a tracking number but they tell me no because it's a po box and they can't guarantee it. The ups people were wonderful they went onto the companys website and found the phone number but it was not good news. Everytime they pulled up Acai Berry a rip off report would come up saying the same thing they did to me they did to other people. The number for them the same one I called a week earlier was now changed and said if you have any problems or need to return anything go to our website. So I sent it back to the po box and I am now just hoping they do not try to charge my card again. I ADVISE DON'T BUY THIS!!!!!! Didn't see results and they will rip you off!!!! Do what you know best eat right and exercise.
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    I think the biggest problem with Acai Berry is all the inflated advertisment out there. Listed below is a website that gives good information. Check it out for yourselves.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/can-juice-make-you-healthier
  • EvilPIB
    Options
    From Web MD

Don’t Bother With Juice Fasts
    You might have heard that this extreme diet—consuming nothing but juice for days or weeks on end—can help you slim down or “cleanse” your body of harmful toxins, but McManus warns not to buy into the hype. “There’s simply no scientific evidence to prove that subsisting on juice helps expel waste products from your system,” she says. “You’ll just be denying your body essential nutrients from the foods that you’re not eating, like lean proteins, healthy fats, and whole grains.”

Because you’re getting so few calories (often less than 1,000 per day), you may feel sluggish, dizzy, or irritable—not to mention hungry. Some people even report bad breath, breakouts, and sinus congestion. Even if you can put up with all that, you probably won’t experience lasting weight loss. “You may drop a few pounds,” adds McManus “But they’ll return once you start eating real food again.”
  • renae5
    Options
    WOW!! I am super happy I didn't get sucked into the scam - b/c it was really darned temping. :mad: Sorry other have been screwed, the same thing happened to me years ago with a free trial of Hydroderm. Beware of any and all "free trials". Anyway, guess we'll just have to stick with the healthy diet and moving our butts more!!