Hello!

browniebite
browniebite Posts: 3 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I joined this site on Wednesday because I'm finally ready to seriously try to get my weight under control. I'm excited about it and I hope actually monitoring what I eat will help me cut back. I also work sitting all day so I know that doesn't help. I will take any advice anyone can give me! Thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• browniebite
    Hello everyone! I joined this site on Wednesday because I'm finally ready to seriously try to get my weight under control. I'm excited about it and I hope actually monitoring what I eat will help me cut back. I also work sitting all day so I know that doesn't help. I will take any advice anyone can give me! Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Hello! I lost about 20 pounds on this site. Its great because you can ask anything and at least one person will know the answer. :flowerforyou:
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome and good luck. Remember "POSITIVE THOUGHTS"
  • we joined at the same time...i'm feeling positive and you will do great...it takes not only physical work but i think mental more so...keep a positive attitude and think how important it is to your overall well-being. losing weight is the benefit/bonus..all the best to you...
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    You mentioned that you sit most of the day. you may wanna try sitting on an excercise ball at your desk, it really streghtens your core. you'll defineately notice a difference.:flowerforyou:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member

Welcome.

I understand the sitting because I'm a 9-1-1 Operator so I sit for 12 hours a night. I do the following to get the blood flowing when I can escape from the office:

Walk up & down stairs for 10 mins at leasst 3x in my shift. Its' not alot but it's a start. I also avoid the :devil: EVIL vending machine when I do leave the office. Yes the Evil vending machine with those damn M&M's, SunChips, Glazed Doughuts, :sad:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Welcome....good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • browniebite

Welcome.

I understand the sitting because I'm a 9-1-1 Operator so I sit for 12 hours a night. I do the following to get the blood flowing when I can escape from the office:

Walk up & down stairs for 10 mins at leasst 3x in my shift. Its' not alot but it's a start. I also avoid the :devil: EVIL vending machine when I do leave the office. Yes the Evil vending machine with those damn M&M's, SunChips, Glazed Doughuts, :sad:

Yes the Evil vending machine is a weakness for me as well...:grumble:

Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.