Never Full

Options
It's really weird, but I'm fine eating all day untill dinner time. When ever I eat a regular meal I'm starving not even half an hour later. Does anyone know why this is. :huh:

Replies

• squamishgirl
    Options
    It's really weird, but I'm fine eating all day untill dinner time. When ever I eat a regular meal I'm starving not even half an hour later. Does anyone know why this is. :huh:
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    Maybe it's what you're eating. If you're eating very sugary or starchy stuff, your blood sugar shoots up and then drops like a rock.

You're better off eating a lot of protein, and low glycemic index vegetables. You also need to have some fat in there, or you won't be satisfied.

Maybe you should lead up to your meals by drinking a glass of water, taking some Metamucil, having some broth-based soup, etc. so that you are partially sated before you even start. Then maybe you should have a salad with your meal -- most of the stuff you put in a salad has very low caloric ratings, but a lot of fiber. If you can stuff yourself with high fiber, low calorie food, you won't be as hungry.

I've been eating a lot of frozen low cal dinners, and some are satisfying and some are not. Almost anything by Amy's Kitchen is pretty filing, because it usually contains a lot of beans and rice. In particular, her Indian Palak Paneer and Mattar Paneer meals stay with you a long time, and they are only around 300 cals.

I also notice that I get hungry if I'm not eating every three hours. So I have three main meals, and three small snack like meals, maybe an apple or something, in between. This eating all the time keeps me less hungry -- but if I skip a snack I start getting really starved.