Tips for a grazer please.

Options
I go to college and every day I pack a small lunch bag and I fill it up with all sorts of yummy stuff. A quarter to a third of a cucumber, a few yougurts, some fruit. Tomato juice. I drink my 8 cups of water.

Because of my classes and homework the only meal I'm garanteed to actually sit down at is dinner. Sometimes breakfast. So I graze and when every I'm hungry I eat from my lunchbag.

The problem is that some days I don't get my base calories! It's 7pm right now and I'm at 1024 I'm not hungry! In fact I just had a big dinner I couldn't eat another bite!!( I even stole one of my sister evil snack cakes! it was carrot cake (150 cal) so it's not too bad)

I'm worried to because I'm running around campus everyday. My pedometer always says at LEAST 16000. Any tips for healthy stuff that I can easily pack in a small lunch bag and are a bit heavier in cals?

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I go to college and every day I pack a small lunch bag and I fill it up with all sorts of yummy stuff. A quarter to a third of a cucumber, a few yougurts, some fruit. Tomato juice. I drink my 8 cups of water.

Because of my classes and homework the only meal I'm garanteed to actually sit down at is dinner. Sometimes breakfast. So I graze and when every I'm hungry I eat from my lunchbag.

The problem is that some days I don't get my base calories! It's 7pm right now and I'm at 1024 I'm not hungry! In fact I just had a big dinner I couldn't eat another bite!!( I even stole one of my sister evil snack cakes! it was carrot cake (150 cal) so it's not too bad)

I'm worried to because I'm running around campus everyday. My pedometer always says at LEAST 16000. Any tips for healthy stuff that I can easily pack in a small lunch bag and are a bit heavier in cals?
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like nuts and prunes myself. Tasty, healthy but fairly calorie-dense. Prunes especially are a good source of quick energy if you workout at all, or maybe if you're just feeling tired. I like to bring them with me to my turbo kick class now. Just some of my ideas, hope it's helpful! :flowerforyou:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    celery filled with PB!!! Yummy:tongue:
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Since it seems like what you need are more calories, maybe try adding various nuts to your lunch bag for snacking, they're calorie dense but very healthy.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Ditto.....NUTS.....peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc. You can even make a 'nut' trial mix and add some raisins.