Newbie!

Options
Hello all, my name is Elizabet. I am 25 and 314 pounds. My best friend and I just joined the gym together and are already on the road to losing weight! Were so excited! YAY!

Replies

• Elizabetnelson
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Elizabet. I am 25 and 314 pounds. My best friend and I just joined the gym together and are already on the road to losing weight! Were so excited! YAY!
  • countrybee
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am new here also, a week to be exact. I am finding that if I log my foods it totally keeps me on track. It also helps me plan ahead if I know there is something I want to have for another meal. I lost 10#'s before joining, only 2 last week, but hey, a loss is better than a gain. More power to you and your friend for joining the gym.....gotta get moving.:smile:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! You are so in the right place, this site is awesome. Every one is so nice and helpful and NEVER judgemental of you. I feel more comfortable talking about my weight, my health, just about anything than I do my own family and friends. Congrats for joining the gym, you and your friend are going to have fun supporting eachother during your workouts and your diet plans. And you always have us here at MFP!!! Good luck to you both!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community! Good luck... great job joining the gym that will really help. I find that if I actually have to GO somewhere to work out (as opposed to working out at home) I do alot better. I have lost a total of 18lbs since starting to lose weight in May. I think that about 12 of that was with the help of MFP. Stick to logging your foods... exercise everyday... you'll do great. :)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • juleeROX
    Options
    Hey! My name is Julee and I'm 18 and weigh 167 pounds, my goal is to lose 37 pounds and I am so thankful to my fitness pal for helping me get a good start! It's going to get harder I know that but with everyones support I know I can do it!! :bigsmile:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    :smooched: :flowerforyou:

You will love it
    Don't be afraid to ask questions because someone will have an answer that can help
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!!:smile: