April Fools Prank Ideas

Options
stressd1mom
stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
Ok, so I know that April Fool's Day isn't until Friday but I want to get a jump on some suggestions. Last year my co worker got me pretty good. I came in & there was a small Mcdonald's coffee cup sitting on my desk. I was wondering who had been at my desk & why they didn't throw their cup away. I picked it up to throw it away & there was no bottom & it was filled with coffee grounds that went everywhere! Of course, this means war & I need to get him back this year. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump for later. *evil laugh*

ETA: did you save those grounds? could have raised some of those nice compost wormies in the coffee grounds and saved up the 'goodies' for your co-worker this year!!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Switch sugar and salt in his coffee??!!! tape everything down in his cube? TP or Saran wrap his desk?
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    lol loopy!
    Attach a string to the back of the victim's desk drawer. Then run it up the wall, into the suspended ceiling, to a small container attached to the ceiling directly over the victim's head. When the drawer is opened the string will be pulled, dropping a shower of confetti onto the victim's head.
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow I need some ideas too! Bump!!
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    I would really love to get one of those remote control tarantulas. Bwahahahahaa!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not a suggestion...just a funny story, but back in 2006 I was due with our first (and still only) child on April 10th. I woke up at 7:30 am on April Fools Day and thought, "Wouldn't it be funny to tell my husband that my water broke??" So I thought about it for a few mintues. Decided against it because that is pretty messed up...the very next morning at 7:30 am my water broke! How awful would it have been if I had tricked him the day before, then it actually happened the next day! Have fun with whatever you do!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Freeze a half bowl of milk. Add some cereal on top of the frozen milk with a little extra fresh milk. Watch him try to eat the cereal... This would be fun to play on kids in the morning...
  • AndrewTheWise
    Options
    The old, "I'm pregnant" trick works out just fine.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Hee hee hee....

Last year I allegedly put an add in the paper for a silent goat auction at a friends house.
    My dad came home to changed door locks and an eviction notice. I don't know anything about that either.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Using fishing line or black thread, tie everything on your victim's desk--stapler, tape dispenser, pencil cup, etc.--to his chair. When he pulls the chair out, everything on his desk will go crashing to the floor! Or, attach everything on your victim's desk to the back of one or more of his desk drawers (string the line through the holes in the top of the desk). When he open the drawer, all his stuff will go crashing across his desk.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Tape the Ethernet Plug for your co worker's PC and plug it back in...They wont be able to get online..and they can't see the tape....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Individually wrap EVERYTHING on his desk--pens, pencils, files, etc. Including his chair and desk and computer, etc.
    Piece of tape over the infrared mouse or steal the trackball from his regular one.
    If you work in cubes, switch the cords from his computer and the person on the other side of him (so that his mouse, etc, controls their monitor and vice versa).
    Fold up paper and stick it in one of the wheels on his chair.
    When he gets up to go somewhere, change his 'home page' to something completely opposite of him (for example, if he's a hardcore Democrat, change it to something like the NRA's homepage). In this same vein, change his desktop, screen saver (preferably to something like 'your name here is awesome!'), or, if you know it, his password.
    Sign him up for a whole bunch of email chains ("joke of the day" "motivational tip of the day" etc)
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Saran wrap the top of the toilet. Put a false motion control camera in the bathroom. Never did either, I just heard about them from a friend.......hehe
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Most people now use optical mice... place a small piece of tape over the eye. The mouse won't work.

Replace your coworkers office door with a shower curtain (did that... the coworker in question promptly stormed into his office and slammed his curtain.)

Turn the door handled backwards and lock it.

If they have an old phone that is about to be replaced... crazy glue the receiver to the phone and call them.

Replace the sound files on their computer with disgusting and vile sounds (flatulence, Homer Simpson saying "Who's your daddy", sounds of a couple in the throes of passion) Nice thing about this is it can be triggered by something as inoccuous as opening an email, or opening folders etc)

Place a couple of hot air popcorn makers in their cubicle turned on and loaded.

Take a screen shot of their desktop, use it as a background and hide all of the icons... they'll be clicking on the background image and their programs won't work.

Draw on their phone handset with black dry erase marker. Call them.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Bump for sure! I want to keep reading these sinister schemes.

This is the best prank I've seen: co-workers removed everything from the top of a victim's desk, moved the desk to some hidden location (I still have no idea where they put it), and then arranged everything on the floor exactly as the victim had it arranged on the desk. This is only funny if the victim is super meticulous about everything being exactly where it belongs. This victim would complain if you borrowed a stapler and didn't put it back in the exact place and position, so the joke was that all of her "stuff" was exactly where it should be, but it was on the floor.
  • dkopka
    dkopka Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    can you get access to their computer? If so, go to Open MS Word. Turn on their Auto Correct. Set it so when someone types in "I " it changes the word to Satan. THEN go into their Outlook program and have Word edit their emails.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    can you get access to their computer? If so, go to Open MS Word. Turn on their Auto Correct. Set it so when someone types in "I " it changes the word to Satan. THEN go into their Outlook program and have Word edit their emails.

Love it!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    lol loopy!
    Attach a string to the back of the victim's desk drawer. Then run it up the wall, into the suspended ceiling, to a small container attached to the ceiling directly over the victim's head. When the drawer is opened the string will be pulled, dropping a shower of confetti onto the victim's head.

WOW this is just like in Stephen King's 'Carrie' except with confetti, not pig's blood! :laugh: :wink:
  • geonote
    geonote Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! That's a really thorough thought process on a prank! Remind me never to get on your bad side...