Beginner with a question

Options
Hi I am just beginning, but would love to know the size of the CUPS mentioned in so many foods as I am finding it difficult to correctly measure my calories. I am old school and most of my food is in pounds or ounces or tablespoons etc. Any one out there help?

Replies

• jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A cup = 8 oz. Plain old measuring cups will do. ( you can get them at walmart or a dollar store pretty cheap if you don't already have any.) Just remember to use appropriate measuring cups for dry and liquid measuring. Those glass Pyrex or Anchor-Hocking measuriing cups are what I use for liquids. I just have some cheap plastic measuring cups for all the dry measuring. Good luck!!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There are 8ozs in a cup.
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    8 ounces
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A cup = 8 oz. Plain old measuring cups will do. ( you can get them at walmart or a dollar store pretty cheap if you don't already have any.) Just remember to use appropriate measuring cups for dry and liquid measuring. Those glass Pyrex or Anchor-Hocking measuriing cups are what I use for liquids. I just have some cheap plastic measuring cups for all the dry measuring. Good luck!!

Ditto and Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • alex51026
    alex51026 Posts: 71
    Options
    I saw you are from England. 1 cup is 1/2 pint or about 250 ml. Not sure if that was exactly what you meant, but I hope this helps!
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    There are 8ozs in a cup.

What she said!

And welcome to MFP !!!!!
  • sinulae
    sinulae Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks Jentim dont think we have wallmart or dime stores here in UK though I expect out £1 stores are same as dime ones, but the 8oz guide is fine as I have a good pair of scales. That is very helpful to know. appreciate you replying,.xx
  • sinulae
    sinulae Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes thank you Alex the liquid measure is also what I needed as well as the dry one, Thank you to everyone else who replied to my question, its really nice to have such support and so many welcoming comments on MFP