Not really new to MyFitnessPal, but I need friends and more

Options
I started using this site about a month ago, but I haven't been keeping up with it as well as I should have. I'm begging for some motivation and a few people to help me on my road to losing 50 lbs! I've got a few friends I know on here already but whether I know you or not, we're all in this together and I need some motivating words of wisdom to keep me on track. Please help!

Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

some tips by me :heart:

take it one day at a time, baby steps :)

write down everything you eat, everything! lol

drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day :)

try new foods, you will be surprised what you like and how your tastes have changed over the years

be more active in your daily life, stairs, parking away from the store door etc, as well as getting regular exercise, be as active as possible

do some exercise that you dont HATE, if at all possible, it helps a lot not to dread it each day

have fun! :drinker:

Emma x
  • brandip80
    brandip80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You have made the first step in asking ppl that are on the same road to success. You can do this your goal is obtainable!!!:happy: I sent you a friend request! We are all in this together:bigsmile:
  • rdy2bhppy07
    Options
    Thanks! I need all the help I can get :happy:
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    would love to add you as a friend!
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    Welcome! My overall goal is to lose 50lbs as well. Feel free to add me......we could all use more friends and support.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts! It CAN be done!! YOU can do it!!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) This site and getting a few friends is def getting me rolling on the right track.
  • joshort123
    Options
    I'm fairly new to the site as well so I'm no pro...All I can say is just get used to logging in and tracking your food and exercise. That way it just becomes routine. The first week or two of your new routine are going to be the toughest so just take it day by day and keep building your confidence in the fact that your goal is attainable. There are a lot of inspiring stories from great people on the site so just start friending folks and keep in touch!
  • tessastiltner
    Options
    Motivation and support arewhat get me through the days. MFP has been a lifesaver. Add me if you want and good luck. :happy:
  • ellensheldon
    Options
    you can add me
  • Rero79
    Rero79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :smile: Im with you. I need to lose 50lbs as well but im starting with my first goal of 20 by July... I dont mind being a friend. This is the first time that Im doing it without a quick fad or scheme to get it off. I lost 25lbs 2 years ago but it as a fad diet and it lasted, until I started eating food that I love.

I agree..> Baby steps.... Last week I eliminated soda/coffee. With the exception of Friday when I had both (shared a soda with my son) and coffee because I took a painkiller for dental work Im on the right track. This week is 4 days in the gym. 30 minutes min...

I will send you a friends request (once I learn how)...

R
  • simply_lovable08
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a newbie here. Feel free to add me. I try to offer support because we all need support and motivation.

Definitely try your best to keep track of everything you eat. You'd be surprised to see what you eat throughout the day and how much sugar, sodium, fat, etc you are taking in. Once you see that you can see what types of changes you may need to make in your diet.

And like Emma said, drink a good amount of water. If you aren't fond of water start off drinking less and add more as the days go on. But water is important.

Don't rush the process. Just stay focused and you will achieve your goal.
  • jwhit6
    jwhit6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definately the best first step is to start here. Be true to yourself and record EVERYTHING. A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips - you can really do this - Even 0.5 lb per week weight loss is a huge achievement if it stays off.
    Next time you visit the supermarket, carry an extra bag of sugar around with you and imagine this weight then coming off - 2 lb is massive - never lose sight of that and congratulate yourself for any tiny achievement - be proud and BELIEVE

Lots of luck and best wishes
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just know that you can do it, and you will!! It's not easy, but this is the first step - being accountable to yourself. Yes, record everything - it really does help! :happy:

Please feel free to add me as a friend, good luck!!
  • janetlove
    janetlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have well over 50 pounds to lose, but I would love to be your friend and to help support you on your journey.
    Check out my profile page!