Another reason to eat walnuts

Options

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts. They're seriously yummy. Now that you mention it, I should pick some up. Nuts have gotten SO expensive, though.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts, but surprisingly they're kind of high in calories. :ohwell:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    They're high in calories but they're nutritional gold mines. I build them right into my daily diet.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts! I'm lucky my parents have an orchard. I'm swimming in walnuts.we put them in everything.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts! I'm lucky my parents have an orchard. I'm swimming in walnuts.we put them in everything.

I need to get to know y'all, LOL
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lol!

I need to get to know y'all, LOL
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Mmmm, walnuts. My dietician said that despite the fat, they're actually good for you. It's the good kind of fats that your body needs. Here's a little annogram that she gave us to help us remember what nuts are good for you

W- walnuts
    H- hazelnuts
    A- almonds
    P- pecans
    P- pistaccios (prolly spelled this wrong)

if it's not in WHAPP, then it's not that great for ya. which sucks! cuz I looooove cashews.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking nutrition classes. And 1/4 cup of walnuts contains Linoleic acid and alpha-Linoleic acid(Omega-3 fatty acid), they both are essential fatty acids(means our body doesn't make it and we need to consume it) for healthy heart, healthy cell membranes(nerves and retina) and normal growth.
  • conmar51
    conmar51 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also find that even a small handful of walnuts can tame my hunger for an hour or so. I used to grab a junk snack, which is provided free at work, when I got hungry. And I like them not just because I'm pictured with Paulie Walnuts!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking nutrition classes. And 1/4 cup of walnuts contains Linoleic acid and alpha-Linoleic acid(Omega-3 fatty acid), they both are essential fatty acids(means our body doesn't make it and we need to consume it) for healthy heart, healthy cell membranes(nerves and retina) and normal growth.
    I want to add walnuts also contain Potassium and Copper.:smile:
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Boo I'm allergic to walnuts :(
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love walnuts! I switch off between almonds and walnuts, but love 'em both!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I make myself a 1/4 of a cup of trail mix with walnuts,almonds,brazil nuts,sunflower seeds,dried cranberries and a few chocolate chips.
    Its around 250 calories for that tiny serving,which I thought sucked at first but it fills me up for a good two hours which is totally worth it,.