Needs a little bit of advice!

Options
Right so because the money's tight, i have no money to keep going to the gym every day, so will have to exercise at home. But the problem is that i have no equipment at home to exercise with, so was seeking advice to what you all think i could do with out no equipment. :smile: I have the odd one or two workout video's which i use, so your help would be very grateful!

Thanks guys! :happy:

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If you like videos, you can get more at the local library.

Also walking is one of the best exercises you can do. You can also do pushups and sit ups at home. Or use cans of soup for hand weights.
    I'm sure other people will have even more suggestions. :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    The most recent issue of SHAPE has a bodyweight training workout. I'm using that alternately with www.nerdfitness.com (search nerdfitness beginniner bodyweight in google, the workout should come up) and running (start with C25k and try regular 5k and 10k training programs).

I don't go to a gym and pretty much refuse to pay to be fit (it's against my personal religion of Cheapness)
  • melissamauney
    Options
    You can use canned veggie as weights if those aren't heavy enough instead of pumping iron pump a gallon of milk, it weighs approx 8 lbs.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    when in doubt take a walk...fast walk slow walk walk a dog push a kid in a stroller its free cardio...lol and my favorite!!!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Jump rope, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, push ups, squats, lunges, try different animal walks (look it up online), sumo squats, walk, jog, run outside - all free activities and all great for raising your heart rate and toning your muscles...
  • LMG0511
    LMG0511 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would check out www.BodyRock.tv- There are great, quick, high-intensity workouts on there that you can do at home. It would require a timer, but any watch or clock can serve as that. Good luck!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Push ups, sit ups, climbing the stairs, tricep dips with a chair, yoga poses, lift weights using soup cans, squats while brushing teeth or on the phone, marchi in place, walk outside, leg lifts - as long as you are moving! Good luck!
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You could try some Jillian Michael's dvd's, I really like "banish fat, boost metabolism", it's mainly cardio exercises, really intense and no weights required ;) or you could try also this site: http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx you can look up for exercises routines also
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    hundredpushups.com
  • staceylouise1993
    Options
    Thankyou everyone! they are all very helpful, and will have fun checking out the websites you have provided!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    If you can afford to spend about 28 bucks, you can get the bob harper kettle bell workout. Comes with one kettlebell and a DVD.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you have a little spare money and if you want to do strength conditioning, you might look at getting yourself some resistance bands, . They aren't very expensive and they should come with a set of exercises you can do with them. Otherwise, dance by yourself to fast-paced music! Do sit ups, push ups, etc. Look on the internet for other exercises you can do alone or with household items (chairs, etc.) just to switch things up a bit.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you have a little spare money and if you want to do strength conditioning, you might look at getting yourself some resistance bands. They aren't very expensive and they should come with a set of exercises you can do with them. Otherwise, dance by yourself to fast-paced music! Do sit ups, push ups, etc. Look on the internet for other exercises you can do alone or with household items (chairs, etc.) just to switch things up a bit.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You can get excellent workouts at home with no equipment!

pushups
    planks
    squats
    lunges
    walking lunges
    jumping jacks
    pretend to jump a rope

Do you have an iphone by chance? There are many free apps that you could use. Nike Training Club is a good one.

Here are some links to see some Plyometric exercises.....

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometricexercises.html

http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/plyometrics.asp?type=Sport Specific Exercises
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    check out mytrainerbob.com his weekly challenges often involve no equipment!