proper scale?

Options
What kind of scales is everyone using? Because I can't seem to get the same weight when I try different scales...and it would be nice to get something accurate.

Replies

• MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I use a digital and it's right on with my Dr.s office. :)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you use the same scale all the time.....then at least your readings will be accurate compared to the last one. Different scales seem to vary....so stick to one. And always try to weigh on the same day of the week, same time of day, wearing the same clothes (or lack thereof), with the scale in the same spot on a flat hard floor, etc.
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember is that all scales will read differently. If you've been to you doctor recently use a scale that reads closest to what you weighed in on that scale. Also once you pick a scale stick with it, the pounds lost will be the same regardless of the scale.Hope you find something that works.
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use a health-o-meter one that i bought at walmart and it seems pretty good. It has 4 settings so you can set goal weights and height/starting weight settings for multiple people. Havent gone to the doctors office to test its accuracy yet though
  • BrazilExtreme
    Options
    What I usually do is weigh a hand weight just to see if the scale is accurate first. I have a cheap scale now but I want to get a digital soon. Also, I live in a very old home and my floors are somewhat unlevel lol! And that does throw off the scale. So I have to make sure I put the scale in the same spot each time.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is weigh a hand weight just to see if the scale is accurate first. I have a cheap scale now but I want to get a digital soon. Also, I live in a very old home and my floors are somewhat unlevel lol! And that does throw off the scale. So I have to make sure I put the scale in the same spot each time.

I have the same sort of problems with my floors :laugh: It's tough to find a flat spot at all,
  • RoySaffold
    Options
    I have a digital Taylor 7506 that was highly rated by Consumer Reports. It measures +/- 0.2 lb and got very good score for accuracy. My spouse and I really like the 2/10 lb display as we can see progress in less than whole pound increments.

I weigh every day and plot my weight on a graph. Over time I see the trend toward my goal. The daily setbacks that most people say are discouraging are motivation to work harder for me. I think that what works for one person isn't what will work for everyone. But I REALLY do like the calorie and nutrition information that MyFitnessPal provides. It really gives me the information I need to make better decisions. It also tells me how bad a bad decision really is.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    Right now I have an analog scale and I HATE IT lol. The numbers are so tiny I have crouch down and lean forward and sometimes point a flash light at it just to read what slash its on. I think I will upgrade to a good digital scale just because.

And about the floors...lol I had that issue too. For the longest time we kept the scale in the spot on some carpet. not thick carpet...just like cheap burber , but it was enough to give you a reading of +5 lbs compared to when you would use it on the bare floor.