AWW CRAP!

Options
Just looked at my food diary & realized I ate about 2.5x the amount of fiber I should have today. NOT GOOD AT ALL!

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    why is that bad?
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    why is that bad?

The more the better
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I really only try to watch my sodium, sugars and try to keep my carbs in check.

On things like Fiber, Potassium, Iron etc....I work to meet the minimum --- if I go over that's fine, these are good things and if my body can't use the extra, it will flush them in urine :)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Um, not to be crass, but is that a problem? Unless it's literally an AWW CRAP problem? :huh: :laugh:

I usually try to get 20-30 g day. I looked around on-line and found the MFP amount to be a little low.
    (^ That said, I'm not a nutritionist, doctor or fitness professional...)

ETA: No disrespect intended. But I agree w/ Liscar that going over in fiber isn't awful unless it is causing you, um, discomfort.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Um, not to be crass, but is that a problem? Unless it's literally an AWW CRAP problem? :huh: :laugh:

I usually try to get 20-30 g day. I looked around on-line and found the MFP amount to be a little low.
    (^ That said, I'm not a nutritionist, doctor or fitness professional...)

Oh I didn't know! >.< I thought maybe it was bad.. Sorry this post posted twice :/
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Its not bad to go over fiber, but you may have an issue with being gassy. That's what happens to me when I have to much fiber. You may make a few more trips to the bathroom.
  • carguy42503
    carguy42503 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yeah, I don't like the way mfp has some of this set up. Obviously you want to be at or below your goal for calories, fat, carbs, sodium, and the like. However, there are quite a few things that you can set a goal for that the goal should actually be a minimum and going over is actually a good thing. I think they should make some changes so that you can see those numbers as red until you hit the goal, then they turn green when you meet it or go over...